• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS 6.2 cylinder heads

cucvrus

That looks like a deal to me. I have a set still in the crates and would not consider selling them for that. I will use them as extras till someday. That day may never come. But I got that going for me. Which is good. You should buy them. I paid $550. to get 1 set rebuilt. Those are NOS. Deal.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

ezgn

Thank you, I was hoping you would reply. I have enjoyed following your posts since 2010. Even if my original heads are not cracked this would still seem like a better way to go. All the posts I have read have not mentioned these head were available. I am assuming these might be a new listing and may not last long? Maybe I should pull the trigger sooner than later. Thanks cucvrus.

ezgn

I'm waiting for a quote from Eastern now. I was thinking shipping would be high. From east coast to west coast won't be cheap I'm sure.

cucvrus

Even if the shipping is $200. it is a deal for new heads. Buy new complete 6.2 heads. Those are complete heads ready to install for $1000. . Sounds like a deal to me if I needed them. Easy get $500-$600 in rebuilding them completely. Good Luck. Those look like the newer style heads. I would say a Good Deal.

ezgn

Agree. I needed confirmation. Thanks. When I get ready to install I am following your advise on installation from other posts to the T. I appreciate the good advice you give cucvrus.

cucvrus

After putting more thought into these heads and looking at the parts manual I believe these heads are right side only?
Yes as stated both left and right heads are completely interchangeable. Only the sending units and cover plates require changing. It is a good deal at $1000. They are brand new. Good Luck.

ezgn

Thank you for your clarification on the heads. I was trying to visualize flipping them around and I thought the cover plates would be wrong but all that needs to be done is flipping them around. Thank you for your help and explaining this to me.