• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat Belt Problem

Oski1868

Please don't flame me if this has been discussed before! I really have tried to search for a remedy (i.e.: TM's, Forums, Google Machine, etc.) ....

Here is my problem ...

When I removed the interior of my 1997 M1078, I removed the seat belt mechanism for the passenger seat. Unfortunately in removing the strap, I allowed it to fully retract. When I went to re-install it, I can not seem to get it to extend. I know these work on centrifugal force when properly installed and deployed. There is clearly a paw that is engaging when I try to pull the strap out of the mechanism.

Though I have carefully looked, I can't find an obvious tab or "button" that will allow full extension.

Anybody have experience with these?

Thank you in advance ....

19Detail

I just want to echo what coachgeo said. Mine were very picky. Even slightly out of vertical and it would not extend. I thought I broke it. I remounted it in the truck and it works great.