Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MV illegal on highway in Canada (Quebec)

Thanks

Default MV illegal on highway in Canada (Quebec)

Starting August 22nd, it's illegal to drive a MV on public road with speed limit more than 70 km/h in the province of Quebec.
    I have an Iltis and a M923A2 and received 2 letters from the Government Agency which regulates the permits for cars and truck.
    Here's the rules:
    1- Cannot drive on roads with speed limit more than 70 km/h
    2- We must cross at right angle roads that has speed limit of 70 km/h or more
    3- Mandatory mechanical inspection
    4- Change the plate number to a restricted vehicle
    5- Cannot have a turret or an anchor system for guns

Well, I must say those are the stupidiest rules I've seen so far in the province of Quebec.

I don't realy know what to do with that and my vehicles lost a great value with that now

JC

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jcdostie For This Useful Post:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-20-2019)

Thanks

Sounds like you all need more control for the Government and we let them, someone has to justify there job with new rules, laws and control of the people.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finallygotone For This Useful Post:

jcdostie (08-20-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-20-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 632 Posts

Sad to hear. I wonder if all of our Hollywood celeb’s, and like have finally moved to Canada like they keep promising, and jacked up your government ad well??? Pretty soon we are all going to be riding in a hand basket...
    M925A2

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jbulach For This Useful Post:

007 (10-03-2019), jcdostie (08-20-2019), NormB (08-21-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-20-2019)

MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,876 Times in 1,563 Posts

I didn't get a letter. I don't think the rest of Canada got a letter, anyone south of the border get a letter? I hope they gave up an exemption for the Canadian Military. Those LSVW's they use look a lot like the LSVW's we use. Sounds like a lot of folks need to get on the phone.

How will we get the Commander of the Canadian Army to the Quebec front lines if we can't use MV's?

Keep us up to date on any other neighbours that get the same letter. Someone at the typewriter must have been drunk so how do we fix this?

I'm sure the transportation minister is easy to reach for clarification.

I think the next MV gathering could be in Quebec. It's nice in the fall. That's real soon! We had 150 units up to Alaska for a Continental celebration, I wonder how many we could get up to Quebec for a good cause.
    Before we even talk about having a convoy in Quebec, could I get help with some toll free inquiries to the handy toll free numbers below, just random folks inquiring about the rules when we come visit Quebec in our MV's.
    A few weeks of phone calls should get the ball rolling so make sure the wives and kids call as well, inquiring about any rules that might affect them too.

Here's the francais English rules to contact the transportation minister.

It would help to know a little French..... however, if 30 Texans, 25 New Yorkers, 40 Boston accents and 55 Valley girls from California call and ask what the rules will be when tourists convoy up to Quebec in their MV's, we'd teach the switch board girls all kinds of English real quick.

I'll be calling tomorrow followed up with an email, an all 12 of Canada's languages, in grievance of this oversight.

The Honourable François Bonnardel (born November 8, 1967) is actually a really good guy, I've watched him in assembly. He's a little younger than me but old enough to recognize this as an error. It just needs to be brought to his attention.
    https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/en/Pages/Home.aspx

It's right there on their page....Contact us.... https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/en...ontact-us.aspx

By mail Ministère des Transports
    Service Québec 511

500, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, bureau 4.010
    Montréal (Québec) H2Z 1W7
    By telephone

• Anywhere in Québec: 511
    • Elsewhere in North America: 1 888 355-0511

By secure email

Use the Ministère’s online form to send us:

Make sure to fill out clearly the fields marked with an asterisk.
    All requests must be processed within the time frame specified in the Ministère’s service statement (in French only).
    Please note that any message containing insulting or hateful remarks will remain unanswered. We also reserve the right to forward any threatening message to the competent authorities.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m1010plowboy For This Useful Post:

Jbulach (08-20-2019), marchplumber (08-20-2019), Terrh (08-30-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-20-2019)

2 Star General
    Thanks

m1010plowboy I will call today but I need more information that when I call I can quote what ever legislation or new Police Laws that have been enacted.

jcdostie can you post the letter so that I have more information. Some of the local MVowners can call here in the Midwest and I will have some truckers call also that can quote transportation laws and safety concerns.
    Belt Fed Multi Barrel Motor Motivated

Help From Above

GAU 8 See You Next Time

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cucvmule For This Useful Post:

Jbulach (08-20-2019), jcdostie (08-20-2019), m1010plowboy (08-20-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-20-2019)

Thanks

Hey guys (and girls) that is fantastic thank you for that good idea of calling and sending request. I also did not think about tourists. It would be illegal also. That’s so stupid. Here’s the letter in french. I will have it translate.

The Government Agency is called SAAQ (Société de l’Assurance Automobile du Quebec) and there’s a contact form and person.
    https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/secure-mail/
    saaq.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f210c0ced6.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...79e856692a.jpg

JC

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Last edited by jcdostie; 08-20-2019 at 08:15.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcdostie For This Useful Post:

cucvmule (08-21-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-20-2019)

Thanks

I got it translate (not the best)
    Letter translate_Page1.jpg
    Letter translate_Page2.jpg
    JC

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcdostie For This Useful Post:

cucvmule (08-21-2019), m1010plowboy (08-20-2019), marchplumber (08-20-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-20-2019)

MVPA
    Thanks

There should be two other portfolios affected by a decision like this too. Tourism as well as Heritage and Culture. Sometimes they're glummed together under one minister so I'll jab the list tonight and get more contact info up.

Mikey Mcbryan and Buffalo Air just saved a rotting DC-3 out of Quebec, rebuilt it in Quebec and even relocated family there for a few months. The food bill alone was mid 5 digits in a short period. The MV restriction decision ' will ' affect their economy. If decisions against private collectors reduce our abilities to preserve and exercise Canadian History then the Canada Press needs to let all of Quebec know this is happening.

I'll send you a PM later and we can kick some plans around. We just had a local MP, in a ww11 jeep, in a small town parade that required highway access to get there. Last Year it was the Commander of the Canadian Army. Next weekend, convoys of historic military vehicles hit the streets of Alberta for a swap meet in Sylvan Lake. I'll print the letter and get it out to everyone.

There are some great points in the letter but the desired result is not reasonable. It's a spin-off from the rules South of the border that originated from one vehicle. Using it as a blanket defence to restrict access to your vehicles which can both reach highway speeds, hilarious. Let's find out if the Society of Insurers can restrict your Charter without legislation.

I'll be back.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to m1010plowboy For This Useful Post:

cucvmule (08-21-2019), jcdostie (08-20-2019), marchplumber (08-20-2019), Reworked LMTV (08-21-2019), SCSG-G4 (08-20-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-20-2019)

Thanks

Maybe look into registering in another province. Me being in BC am aware that we must have licence plates on the front of any vehicle other than a motorcycle. Also we are prohibited from having our side windows tinted. Either will get you a nice fine... if you have BC plates. An Albertan , however can drive into B.C. with no front plate and tinted side windows right beside a motorist with the same but FROM B.C. Guess who gets the fine? Yep, you guessed right, Mr B.C. Same RCMP police force.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mzak88 For This Useful Post:

cucvmule (08-21-2019), jcdostie (08-20-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-20-2019)

MVPA
    Thanks

This issue was recognized a little earlier so I'll pile the links here of ongoing discussions up north. If someone is already steering the canoe I'll just jump in and paddle until the big heads on the table give up some good ideas. Meanwhile, anyone that wants to make an inquiry and jingle some phone lines should feel free to do so.
    http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30386

We have an election coming up, does that sound familiar to anyone? Federal election coming up and some Minister that hasn't met us is making decisions about our MV's.

It does appear that not everyone is aware of potential changes to insurance that may affect tourism or future events planned for Quebec MV collectors. These other Ministers should respectfully discover how many people the Insurance decision affects.

https://www.quebec.ca/en/premier/tea...rs-of-cabinet/

I wasn't sure how to 'address' my first letters to our government so here's a little page that helps guide the text as it flows from your fingers into the email box of our best decision makers.
    https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-he...s-address.html

Minister of tourism Quebec contact info 2019
    Caroline Proulx

Contact Information

Department

Ministère du Tourisme
    900, boulevard René-Lévesque Est
    Bureau 400
    Québec (Quebec) G1R 2B5
    Telephone: 418-528-8063
    Fax: 418-528-8066
    ministre@tourisme.gouv.qc.ca
    Ministère du Tourisme
    1255, rue Peel
    Bureau 400
    Montréal (Quebec) H3B 4V4
    Telephone: 514-864-3419
    Fax: 514-864-6988
    ministre@tourisme.gouv.qc.ca

Federal Minister of Canada Tourism contact info 2019

I'll give you the link with her lovely picture. She's a hard hitter that has gone to bat for Canadians in the past. I just know she'd love to hear about your future visits to Canada.
    https://www.canada.ca/en/government/...anie-joly.html

Contact information

House of Commons
    Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A6
    Telephone: 613-992-0983
    Fax: 613-992-1932
    Email: melanie.joly@parl.gc.ca

This is just a news article talking about the 400,000 people that work in the tourism industry and need visitors.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-t...nues-1.4368392

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m1010plowboy For This Useful Post:

cucvmule (08-21-2019), jcdostie (08-20-2019), marchplumber (08-20-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (08-20-2019)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast