• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M716 project

willo

I picked up a M716 today. My plan it to make it into a camping trailer.
trailer-m716.jpg

As it sits, it has 16 inch wheels with 285/75r16s, 7 pin trailer connector, LED lights across the back end, a Lockable battery/trailer box up front and we put the Pintle back on it for the tow home. note: I run 285/75r17s on my 4runner so the height is perfect.

I'm thinking of boxing the base in with a new set of risers for my RTT that I have in storage. It towed fantastically behind my 4runner with the pintle hitch.
Questions:
The PO put a carriage bolt in the pintle mount, should I get a proper sized pin (and where can I find it) or drill it for a 5/8 pin?
These look like maybe GM steelies? What's a good candidate for a spare wheel? Looks like 8 bolt gm style.
Is there a parking brake on there somewhere? I saw the brake line but I'm not sure where it goes... yet.

Finally, what's the best way to secure these trailers? I live in a great area but will have it on my somewhat vacant property where I'm building.