Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: First Deuce owner

MVPA
    37751E
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 737 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROARKY View Post
    Thanks for the valuable information! I noticed something on my truck. I have a copper line that runs from under the passenger side of the truck by the air filter. It has a plug in the end of it but looks like it may have went somewhere else at one time. I also noticed that the top of the fuel tank and some of the fuel lines by the throttle appear to have diesel fuel on them. Not soaked but just wet looking. I will try and post some more pics soon.
    https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ne-vs-Breather

Maybe post #9 helps with the mysterious copper line.

Your engine bay needs a good washing. Then run the truck and check for leaks. It is hard to tell when there are years of gunk in there. I would plan on replacing the fuel return lines (between the injectors and the long line back to the IP) with DOT air line and make sure the ends all have brass inserts in them. If you plan to do a spin-on fuel filter upgrade, then that is the time to replace the old fuel lines as well, rather than messing with them and trying to get them to seal again. Just my 5cents.
    Last edited by cattlerepairman; 09-20-2019 at 08:22.
    MVPA member. 1974 M35A2C w/w "Queen Lola", rebuilt LDS-465-1A, "D" turbo, Waterloo Overdrive upgrade. Med towbar, 11.00R20 Goodyear G286, flipped hubs, remote brake fluid reservoir, spin-on filters, bypassed FDC, LED taillights, LED headlights, LED turn signals, WESTACH EGT/boost gauge, AVM lockout hubs, LED convoy light, LED lollipop lights, HMMWV seat on air ride base, M211 dash passenger grab handle, hood lift kit, 24V solargizer/battery minder, ether start kit, flasher module mod, heavy duty dog bone ends, M35A3 aluminium fuel tank.

Private
    Thanks

The copper tube appears to run toward the air tanks in the rear. You are right on cleaning everything. I also have considered putting new wire into several places because the sheath is cracked and coming apart. In another thread, I wrote about how my horn went off on me after replacing the light switch. That was an adventure! I am getting a tube replaced tomorrow and it should be good to go mechanically. It has a little rust but nothing me and my plasma cutter and mig can't tackle over time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4