• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2019 SoCal Fall Rally

DanielsCousin

Another awesome rally for the books! It's always a pleasure seeing those old familiar faces, and snouts (Hi Norris!), and seeing new ones for the very first time. Here's a couple photos I took over the weekend. Didn't get to take as many as I normally would due to all the fun, food, and drinks I was having! This is my first post in a couple of years on a forum so hope this works out :mrgreen:
Obligatory group shots of all the vehicles in attendance out on the dry lake bed:
DSC_1317.JPG DSC_1318.JPG

True Knight and MAdams towering trying to scare the 6 cylinders away :eek:
DSC_1283.JPG
vvwilkins showing us that all you need to make it up a challenging obstacle is a little weight reduction [thumbzup]
DSC_1320.JPG DSC_1321.JPG DSC_1322.JPG DSC_1328.JPG
MAdams struting his stuff:
DSC_1333.JPG

Hanging out with the locals:
DSC_1342.JPG DSC_1344.JPG

I'll post a couple more shots later!

Last edited:

vvwilkins

@DanielsCousin: So Great to meet You Too! Thanks for the Pics of THOR! Yes, the bed of THOR was scrambled eggs after several attempts on that hill - Great Fun! I should post a pic of the extra 5gal Jerry Can I had strapped (briefly) to the bed of the truck - totally beat up after that :)

DanielsCousin

We stumbled upon some squatters on this Flinstones era abode. It looked like some kind of B.C. crack shack:
DSC_1382.JPG DSC_1386.JPG DSC_1387.JPG

True Knight trying to scare away this shady looking protester:
DSC_1389.JPG DSC_1392.JPG

Back at camp making good use of the wood saltydeuce donated:
DSC_1355.JPG DSC_1370.JPG

Some night shots to wrap this one up. We have a quick group shot of the muscle, my Pathfinder right as we're getting ready to head out and a shot of the desert as everyone went home.
DSC_1365.JPG DSC_1354_1.JPG DSC_1398.JPG

Can't wait for the next one!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are some awesome pics! I might have to print a few of those pictures and use them as wall art at my house

DanielsCousin

A couple more from the cutting room floor for good measure 8)

Crown Vic time trials:
DSC_1278.JPG DSC_1281.JPG

vvwilkins and the group:
DSC_1284.JPG DSC_1286.JPG

One of the locals, FastNova strongman competition tryouts, and True Knight with his Agent Smith impression:
DSC_1347.JPG DSC_1369.JPG DSC_1381.JPG

True Knight filling up a rear view mirror:
DSC_1388.JPG DSC_1390.JPG DSC_1391.JPG

That pretty much does it for my photos of the event. I'll make sure to snap more next time around!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
20191011_142949_HDR.jpg
Here's the younger generation fighting with a tire. Notice: True Knight throwing his hands up in frustration.20191011_144146_HDR.jpg The folks with a little more callous on their hands have to step in, grab them by the back of the collar to show them how it's done.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I meant you were frustrated with Rigo struggling with the tire, but if you want to me to refer to you as part of the younger generation I need to put myself in that group too.

True Knight

HMMWV:

Goliath staying warm by the fire:

7 Ton coming over the hill:

FastNova inspecting the small amount of firewood left for Friday and Saturday nights:

5 ton at the mine:

7 Ton and 5 Ton at the top of the cliff:

Last edited:

True Knight

The line up at the dry lake:

7 Ton racing across the dry lake:

7 Ton:

7 Ton coming down the hill:

5 Ton coming down after successfully climbing the tailing pile:

Moonrise over the little Jeep:

Last edited:

1Sinner

Well shoot. Apparently I should have been paying more attention in this section instead of trying to do all my research in the hot rodding and general 5 ton section. You all were pretty much in my back yard. I'm in North Edwards, about 45 minutes from Barstow/Yermo area. Looks like a fun outing. Would have been nice to meet a few guys and talk a little shop since I'm new to the 5 ton game. Well, if anyone ends up heading up the 58 sometime and wants to stop for a frosty beverage, hit me up.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The next get together is in April for the Spring Rally.
I found a few pictures of the first nights campfire. We stood up a pine tree on end and this made for a really tall fire
20191010_195720.jpg
20191010_195644.jpg