Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fmtv wheel studs

I'm the dude, man! Steel Soldiers Vendor simp5782's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,600 Times in 3,363 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norinco666 View Post
    Hard for me to believe you cant get these studs somewhere
    These are the folks that make them. And the only ones that do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 F-250 6.4L Powerstroke
    1979 AM General M920
    1984 AM General M915A1 (Big Cam III, HT3B Turbo, Brushless 24v Alternator with equalizer, A/C, Rear 20,000lb winch. 11R24 rear tires and 395s up front.)
    1984 AM General XM923A4 ( Big Cam III NTC-400, HT4B turbo, Intercooled, #10 button, Dual fuel Line setup - MRAP Aluminum Radiator - 7" Ram Air Intake system - Dual 115 gallon tanks - Air Conditioning - 145amp alternator - Puradyn Oil Bypass system, CAT 7155 16speed transmission, riding on 16.00 AT-3s on HEMTT wheels. )
    M923A1
    M931A2
    M1083
    M1078
    M796 Bolster
    M322 Equipment Trailer
    MEP-804A

901-318-8353 for Help in and or around the Memphis area or transporting in the southeast. Text me first before calling.

Tires (HMMWV, 395s, 1600s) and Transportation Vendor

Wes

Videos at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=5782simp

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTd...D4dOJidPFnmYGA

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 645 Posts

Parttarget lists Hutchison and Titan as distributors. You could call them and inquire about where to source some of those studs. From experience, Hutchison was very helpful when I was questioning them about runflats and I didn't buy anything from them.

Oshkosh Equipment has a PDF, that Google found, that lists that part number. That usually means they stocked it at one time. They might could help with sourcing as well.

I have also dealt with WBParts several times. They are one of the sourcing companies that come up when searching for military parts. Most will say that companies like that are extremely expensive. I've made 5 purchases from them and 4 of those came in well under what the part went for on Ebay or from the usual vendors. The 5th purchase was a part only they could get. If they're the only ones that can get a part then they can set the price in my opinion. You gotta pay to play. Just another option...

Honestly though, I wouldn't go to all that trouble for a couple of wheel studs if the above options don't work out. The only difference between that stud and a normal nut and bolt is the splines on the shank. The studs are designed so that all the work can be done from one side of the wheel. It's a necessity for lug studs to be this way so the whole wheel hub doesn't have to be disassembled to remove a wheel. On wheel studs though, you always have access to both sides since you have the wheel off when changing a tire. The critical job of the wheel stud is clamping the halves together. This can be accomplished with a nut and bolt since both sides are accessible.

I don't see a grade listed for the stud in any of the specs, so I'd use a G80 5/8-18 flange head bolt of the length you need and a matching flange head interference lock nut. Probably won't find those at your local hardware store, but a specialty fastener place like Fastenall should have them.

Where are all the nuts for those wheels?
    1984 AM General M923A0 - "The Swamp Donkey"
    2005 Holden M322 EET - "Lucky Strike"

Thanks

Memphis equipment took care of me once again

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Norinco666 For This Useful Post:

frank8003 (09-30-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
    Parttarget lists Hutchison and Titan as distributors. You could call them and inquire about where to source some of those studs. From experience, Hutchison was very helpful when I was questioning them about runflats and I didn't buy anything from them.

Oshkosh Equipment has a PDF, that Google found, that lists that part number. That usually means they stocked it at one time. They might could help with sourcing as well.

I have also dealt with WBParts several times. They are one of the sourcing companies that come up when searching for military parts. Most will say that companies like that are extremely expensive. I've made 5 purchases from them and 4 of those came in well under what the part went for on Ebay or from the usual vendors. The 5th purchase was a part only they could get. If they're the only ones that can get a part then they can set the price in my opinion. You gotta pay to play. Just another option...

Honestly though, I wouldn't go to all that trouble for a couple of wheel studs if the above options don't work out. The only difference between that stud and a normal nut and bolt is the splines on the shank. The studs are designed so that all the work can be done from one side of the wheel. It's a necessity for lug studs to be this way so the whole wheel hub doesn't have to be disassembled to remove a wheel. On wheel studs though, you always have access to both sides since you have the wheel off when changing a tire. The critical job of the wheel stud is clamping the halves together. This can be accomplished with a nut and bolt since both sides are accessible.

I don't see a grade listed for the stud in any of the specs, so I'd use a G80 5/8-18 flange head bolt of the length you need and a matching flange head interference lock nut. Probably won't find those at your local hardware store, but a specialty fastener place like Fastenall should have them.

Where are all the nuts for those wheels?

In my pants

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 645 Posts

In my pants
    Seems questionable at best. With a childish comment like that, it's amazing that they've even dropped...

I was going to offer you a couple studs out of a bent wheel I had....AND enough new nuts to do all those wheels, since I have about 1200 new ones. AND they would've been all for the cost of shipping. But hey, you can spend your money now fool. Maybe Memphis can find you a towbar so you can drag that foot out of your mouth. D@mn youngin's and their mouths...

20190930_154818.jpg
    1984 AM General M923A0 - "The Swamp Donkey"
    2005 Holden M322 EET - "Lucky Strike"

Thanks

[QUOTE=Swamp Donkey;2241416]Seems questionable at best. With a childish comment like that, it's amazing that they've even dropped...

I was going to offer you a couple studs out of a bent wheel I had....AND enough new nuts to do all those wheels, since I have about 1200 new ones. AND they would've been all for the cost of shipping. But hey, you can spend your money now fool. Maybe Memphis can find you a towbar so you can drag that foot out of your mouth. D@mn youngin's

Dont need any nuts or else i would of asked some you people get to offended ��

Thanks
    Thanked 6,412 Times in 2,196 Posts

Seems questionable at best. With a childish comment like that, it's amazing that they've even dropped...

I was going to offer you a couple studs out of a bent wheel I had....AND enough new nuts to do all those wheels, since I have about 1200 new ones. AND they would've been all for the cost of shipping. But hey, you can spend your money now fool. Maybe Memphis can find you a towbar so you can drag that foot out of your mouth. D@mn youngin's and their mouths...

20190930_154818.jpg
    wow
    I was here, had a good time.

4 Star General
    Thanks

In my pants
    I thought that was a joke and laughed at it......

Some threads need a little humor.
    1952 M-38
    LST-178 Lube and Service Trailer
    M-1082 LMTV Trailer
    2 x M-105 trailer, bare
    M-105A2 with sides, bows
    'old' Onan 115 v radar power generator, 4 cyl boxer engine
    2 x S-250 Shelter, 318 shelter
    1957 Unimog 404 flatbed, French NATO (Germany)
    1965 Unimog 404 radio truck (German Army)
    1967 Unimog 404 flatbed project truck
    3 x Unimog 406's
    1988 Unimog U-1300L with 10' NCO Alaskan Camper
    1968 Haflinger bug-eye US version but pre-Pathfinder.
    1994 M-1078 LMTV with 10' NCO Alaskan Camper
    1995 M-1078 LMTV

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tennmogger View Post
    I thought that was a joke and laughed at it......

Some threads need a little humor.
    It was just a little humor glad some people got a laugh

Colonel
    Thanks

20190930_154818.jpg
    Tried to send you a PM but your box is full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2