• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A2 Pioneer Tool Trailer Base camper Build

mkrusi

M116A1 Pioneer Tool Trailer Base camper Build

Hello, i figured i would start a post on my build

I recently bought a M116A1 pioneer tool trailer built by Southwest Truck Body Co. From what i gathered it was used by the 945th Engineering Company which is a Ohio Guard Unit. Makes sense because i bought it from GovPlanet at a DLA site in southern Ohio. So far i have just power washed it and cleaned up the interior. I just recently finished cleaning the surface rust on the frame and painting it black. I am going to paint the body tan since i think it looks better than the original green. The trailer itself is not that rusty just alot of the paint from before is flaking off.

I am going to use it as a base camper. I will be pulling it with my 95 Ford F250 7.3, eventually i want to get a m1009 cucv to use but that is a later plan.

Things to Do so far
- Paint
- reseal door hinges, they dont leak alot but they look a tad rough
- Do any maintenance like greasing the hubs and stuff like that
- build a layout plan for the interior
- get a spare tire (i got lucky it came with the budd style rims not the split locking rims)
- Trailer lights adapter so i can use my trucks trailer plug

I will try to do update on the build when i do things. thanks for the read hopefully i can make a good thread like so many others have.

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure that's the M116A1 trailer, not the A2. A2 had surge brakes and 8 lug wheels, A1 had no brakes and 5 lug wheels.