Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Custom Security System

Thanks

Default Custom Security System

My M1028 stays locked up in my conditioned warehouse under my monitored security system 24/7. However after I get my P400/700R4 installed, I plan on driving it every day and enjoying it, and occasionally it will be left alone in a parking lot for a few minutes while I buy more ammo or food. I am already experiencing extreme anxiety about leaving the truck unattended and vulnerable. As many of you know, I have been building this rig for 9 years and invested quite a sum of cash into it. And I am not finished yet. Still to come is a mobile Ham radio, satellite link, and my bug-out box in back. It will be a great vehicle to steal for sure.

Does anybody know a company which will design and install a custom security system in the truck? I know what I want and how I want it to perform, however the mechanics of the system are way above my pay grade. Redundant GPS tracking, train horns activated by proximity sensors, and motion-activated video are a few of the features I want. I have looked at all the available systems offered in today's marketplace, however none have what I am looking for.

If anybody can steer me in the right direction for a company or individual to build and install the system, I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your referrals.

Copy of DSC02967.JPG

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharecropper For This Useful Post:

jeffhuey1n (11-07-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 2,748 Posts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porkysplace For This Useful Post:

LT67 (10-25-2019), Sharecropper (10-23-2019)

Thanks

put in a manual transmission nobody can drive those these days.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to snowtrac nome For This Useful Post:

CMPPhil (10-24-2019), dougco1 (10-23-2019), firefox (11-06-2019), m1010plowboy (10-24-2019), MarcusOReallyus (10-24-2019), nyoffroad (10-26-2019), Russ Knight (10-26-2019)

Thanks

Please, serious replies only. I am not going to install a manual transmission to keep somebody from stealing my truck. Jeez.

I'm the dude, man! Steel Soldiers Vendor simp5782's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,598 Times in 3,362 Posts

Hidden switch under the dash to kill the power to the fuel shut off solenoid. Something not noticeable but readily found by feel for the person who knows what it is.

I know of one guy that did the kill switch but he installed another dimmer switch on the floor so one click was power on then the next click is power off.

Or if you have an inline electric fuel pump you can add a wireless car alarm that will drop the power to the pump when you hit the arm button. Or kill the fuel solenoid power.
    Last edited by simp5782; 10-23-2019 at 20:28.
    2008 F-250 6.4L Powerstroke
    1979 AM General M920
    1984 AM General M915A1 (Big Cam III, HT3B Turbo, Brushless 24v Alternator with equalizer, A/C, Rear 20,000lb winch. 11R24 rear tires and 395s up front.)
    1984 AM General XM923A4 ( Big Cam III NTC-400, HT4B turbo, Intercooled, #10 button, Dual fuel Line setup - MRAP Aluminum Radiator - 7" Ram Air Intake system - Dual 115 gallon tanks - Air Conditioning - 145amp alternator - Puradyn Oil Bypass system, CAT 7155 16speed transmission, riding on 16.00 AT-3s on HEMTT wheels. )
    M923A1
    M931A2
    M1083
    M1078
    M796 Bolster
    M322 Equipment Trailer
    MEP-804A

901-318-8353 for Help in and or around the Memphis area or transporting in the southeast. Text me first before calling.

Tires (HMMWV, 395s, 1600s) and Transportation Vendor

Wes

Videos at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=5782simp

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTd...D4dOJidPFnmYGA

9. The Following User Says Thank You to simp5782 For This Useful Post:

Sharecropper (10-23-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simp5782 View Post
    Hidden switch under the dash to kill the power to the fuel shut off solenoid. Something not noticeable but readily found by feel for the person who knows what it is.

I know of one guy that did the kill switch but he installed another dimmer switch on the floor so one click was power on then the next click is power off.

Or if you have an inline electric fuel pump you can add a wireless car alarm that will drop the power to the pump when you hit the arm button. Or kill the fuel solenoid power.
    Thanks. That will certainly prevent the truck from cranking, but it can still be stolen easily. Ever watch “Repo Man” on TV? I want some train horns wired to proximity sensors at each door handle and above the rear glass inside. A tripped sensor would also link up to a satellite to an ap on my iPhone. This is the type of system I am looking for. LoJack comes close but I need to speak with them tomorrow to see if they can design the system.

I'm the dude, man! Steel Soldiers Vendor simp5782's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,598 Times in 3,362 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
    Thanks. That will certainly prevent the truck from cranking, but it can still be stolen easily. Ever watch “Repo Man” on TV? I want some train horns wired to proximity sensors at each door handle and above the rear glass inside. A tripped sensor would also link up to a satellite to an ap on my iPhone. This is the type of system I am looking for. LoJack comes close but I need to speak with them tomorrow to see if they can design the system.
    then install an electric shift lock where it cant come out of park unless power thru that switch is applied or interrupted. Or an electric line lock that will apply the brakes with the line lock energized thru the security system.

if you are that overly paranoid then i don't know what to tell you. I don't think a cucv is a hot item on the stealing list. and if they are going to go thru all the trouble to hide a stinger under their truck to just steal truck to drag it off. then i don't know what to tell ya other than park it in a vault and you won't have that issue.

Maybe check with profo about one of those offshore fog horns and you can mount that in the bed for your security alarm so itll blow all their ear drums out along with your windows.

i have alot more money into a 5 ton really and i tend to leave it running in parking lots but the again like snowtrac said noone knows how to operate the transmission in order to drive it off.
    2008 F-250 6.4L Powerstroke
    1979 AM General M920
    1984 AM General M915A1 (Big Cam III, HT3B Turbo, Brushless 24v Alternator with equalizer, A/C, Rear 20,000lb winch. 11R24 rear tires and 395s up front.)
    1984 AM General XM923A4 ( Big Cam III NTC-400, HT4B turbo, Intercooled, #10 button, Dual fuel Line setup - MRAP Aluminum Radiator - 7" Ram Air Intake system - Dual 115 gallon tanks - Air Conditioning - 145amp alternator - Puradyn Oil Bypass system, CAT 7155 16speed transmission, riding on 16.00 AT-3s on HEMTT wheels. )
    M923A1
    M931A2
    M1083
    M1078
    M796 Bolster
    M322 Equipment Trailer
    MEP-804A

901-318-8353 for Help in and or around the Memphis area or transporting in the southeast. Text me first before calling.

Tires (HMMWV, 395s, 1600s) and Transportation Vendor

Wes

Videos at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=5782simp

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTd...D4dOJidPFnmYGA

12. The Following User Says Thank You to simp5782 For This Useful Post:

Sharecropper (10-24-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
    The thing with loJack is it is interactive with police , if it's in a building they can still find it . It is getting real popular with heavy construction equipment .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to porkysplace For This Useful Post:

Sergeant Major
    Thanks

I would be careful with the proximity stuff. Many years ago there was a short lived alarm system that would detect people within a couple feet and say something like "Please step away from the car!" Enough folks reacted to the rather pretentious warning by scratching the paint, kicking a door panel or smashing one of the windows with a rock that that particular part of the system quit being offered. The train horns might seem like a good idea but could lead to a lawsuit over hearing damage. Especially if the one receiving the blast was a curious 6 year old.

Now with modern tech, instead of an audible warning, maybe a signal to your phone with a link to the on board fisheye camera so you can evaluate the situation and react accordingly. Thinking something like the Amazon ring doorbell adverts where the owner tells the would be thieves to take a hike if the folks close by look to be thieves rather then folks just curious about your truck.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadParrot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Think sensory overload.

You can get some pain generators (very high pitched loud speakers) mounted inside along with some strobes also mounted inside. Even if the alarm is ignored by you and your neighbors, they won't be able to sit inside long.

I have most of the parts to do this in my M1009, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I did install the flashing LED though, so that's a deterrent.
    THIS IS CHARLESTON COMMAND POST WITH A DEFINITE PURPOSE LAUNCH DIRECTIVE; ALL CREWS REPORT “READY TO TAXI”.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mainsail For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast