• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carburettor flooding. Help !!!

RichM882

Hi all. I have a really strange problem that I have not encountered before in nearly 40 years of working on motor vehicles. A month or so ago while driving her she coughed, spluttered and died at a road crossing. Fuel was spewing out of the top of the carburettor and the inlet manifold was awash with fuel. I removed the Carter BBD and cleaned loads of crap out of it and checked float and needle valve. Confident I had eradicated the problem the next day I started her up. The very same thing happened again.I have put a brand new carburettor on today and lo and behold she is exactly the same. The fuel inlet is damp too as if there is a ridiculously high amount of pressure being created by the fuel pump. Has anybody ever experienced a pump go rogue ?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your problem is new loads of crap being pumped out of the tank and holding the needle valve open. Put a filter before and after the fuel pump. Carry spares. When the truck won’t go 60 mph anymore it’s time to replace filters.