• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

data plate hmm's?? example build date & deliver date 3yrs apart

coachgeo

Anyone else have trucks whose data plate shows build date and deliver date pretty far apart? Mine was build 1994 but delivered in 1997. (M1079)

What does that mean anyway?? Is it closer to being similar to a truck that was built in 97 parts wise..... or did it get full build in 94 and sit for three years???

post up your abnormal plate data that you go hmmmmm? about. Curious what other oddities are out there.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh I can explain that. For reasons only known to Stewart and Stevenson, hundreds and hundreds of trucks sat undelivered for years outside the Sealy plant. I would drive by there in awe back in the 90’s.

coachgeo

Oh I can explain that. For reasons only known to Stewart and Stevenson, hundreds and hundreds of trucks sat undelivered for years outside the Sealy plant. I would drive by there in awe back in the 90’s.
hmmm.... interesting... wonder if they were somewhat upgraded to 97 standards before delivery hmmm?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My guess is that Uncle refused delivery of more trucks due to the unresolved bellhousing cracking issue.

SausageGuy

The trucks I have seen this on seemed to be some of the oddball trucks that needed upfitting later like the extended wheelbase cab chassis with no beds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks