• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kysor fan clutch rebuilding video on You Tube

papakb

Found this animated video on You Tube that demonstrates how the fan clutch works. It explains a lot about it that's hard to understand because it works differently that most people expect because of it's fail safe operation.

I removed the first video I linked to because it just wasn't accurate enough for the clutch the HMMWV uses.

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know it was just to run them down, but using a 1/2" impact gun with reducers to 3/8" then down to 1/4" drive sockets for both removing and installing small bolts just seems like a bad idea to show people. You'll always end up with that one guy snapping off bolts because he wasn't careful.

papakb

Coug, Your exactly right, it's a bad plan. I used a 1/4" ratchet and still managed to break one of them. That red Loctite is a bitch!