• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Potential new deuce owner with questions

slapshot

Hey guys, I am thinking about getting a Deuce as my first MV, and had a few very general questions to start off with, if anyone wouldn’t mind.

1. Will a 13,500 pound truck break my driveway? I would park it behind the garage but I would have to drive it off the side of the driveway in the grass to get it there.
2. What kind of mileage does a M35A2 typically get? A turbo? ($4 fuel ya know!!)
3. Is there anybody in the Marietta/Kennesaw/metro Atlanta area that owns one that would mind if I came over and saw one up close? I have seen them in person before, but not since I found out they were actually able to be purchased by civilians like me. (I’ve never been close to one that was started and running.)
4. Question for Tennessee folks- why are there so many in your state (at least right now) on GL that say “not running”? Is that because they just didn’t take the time to check if the batteries were dead, or are they missing big stuff like engines, transmissions, etc? Reason I ask is, all the GL auctions in Georgia are now out of my price range, so I was looking to border states for a better deal.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the help,
Regards,
James

ygmir

James:

I'd guess your question might also be phrased:
Will my driveway hold a deuce?........not knowing what your driveway is made from, how, on what base, that's a pretty tough question........probably not though......
And, certainly, don't drive it on the grass, they're not made for that sort of "extreme terrain" rofl rofl

Milage varies but, it seems most folks are getting 6-12 mpg.........

That's all I can come up with for your questions.
Good luck

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Slapshot, I live over near Athens, if we can meet up, we can talk shop. Maybe even go for a ride!

There are also monthly Ga. MVPA meetings in Marietta.

2027Deuce

Slapshot,

Welcome. You are doing the right thing by asking questions and getting info before jumping in. Make sure you are able to drive one before you buy, liability is a big deal these days so if you are learning you might not want to do that on public roads. Check the thickness of your dirveway, a contractor should be able to tell you if it will handle a deuce and a half.

I have found my deuces to be alot of fun and you can have a great time with a MV, just be safe, not only for you but others around you. I'd take Clinto up on his offer, he can show you in one afternoon what would take quite awhile to read about. Good luck in your truck hunt and go have some fun! :driver:

Slapshot. got a few good running dueces here for sale if your interested in seeing some of our collection, or purchasing one. we all ready service them and check them out.

Far as your regular driveway it does depend on what its made out of. but i have parked mine a few times on a plan jane concrete driveway. but some drive ways are poored diffrent.

Far as MPG it depends. most guys are getting 10-12 ... but you figure that you can run a 50/50 mix of used oil and offroad diesel or reg diesel anything you wanta to figure.. but if you use a 50/50 mix WMO and diesel its like doubling your fuel milage. when you figure out how much $$ you pay out of pocket for each mile. Heck my duece mixed for my dollar to dollar gets better fuel cost to drive then my pickup.

O yea welcome to the site [thumbzup]

slapshot

thanks so much guys, for the great advise. :D

offroadfabworks, thanks for your tips, i would like to see an invventory of what you have could you send me an email on what deuces you have? i tried to click on your website in your sig but it was not working.

clinto, thank you for your offer as well. i would love to take you up on that! if you have some time this weekend or next, PM me and tell me when would be ok for you.

I will check around for the next MV club meeting in the area, and thanks again to everyone 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks