• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Air Force 5 ton or whatever...

ughhh

Who specs out the trucks for the military. I wonder if they ever called on a fleet thant ran IHC 7400's in any number and asked them about their downtime/life cycle costs. The IHC 7400's in the industry that I work have not worked very well to be nice. From the electrical gremlins with IHC's multiplexing to the DT466/DT570's shelling out injectors and turbo's like crazy. The days of the mechanical and durable DT's are longggg gone. What happened to real miliatary trucks?

Andy

Melvinitis

RE: Re: RE: trucks

One of the neatest things I see is those buck five farm girls driving the Oskhosh's. I had an 18 year old female soldier, that if she was lucky, wieghed 105. It was the neatest thing.

N1265

RE: Electronic dieselVS Multifuel!!??

Looks like they even come with a sleeper so you can take a nap while waiting for someone to tow you back to base..... Now how thoughtful is that.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Electronic dieselVS Multifuel!!??

The Air Force buys lots of equipment that we never get to see unless it is while they are flying us out of an airbase for a tactical jump or a spin down landing at a threatened landing strip. Most likely they are going to a ground support role on airbases around the world at the behest of a TALC or other ground element.

I have seen lots of little women driving trucks in my days in the Army they do have challenges changing tires that even a big guy struggles with.

Crash_AF

If you look closely, there is a gun ring on the roof... the extended cab is probably to make enough room for the mount and gunner to stand.

Later,
Joe

D'cheat

Our Bush Fire crews here in Nevada are using the exact same truck. Decent suspension flex, powerful engine, gobs of clearance under the axles. I like em :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks