• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

height and weight of a deuce multi-fuel engine?

madsam

What is the hight and weight of a multifuel engine?

I have a 5 ton, so I have not worked on these yet. Can it be used in another vehicle like an old dodge or is it to heavy?

RE: hight and weight od a duece multifuel engine?

i believe a fully dressed deuce multifuel weights around 1800#. ill check the measurements today and see how tall it is and length

madsam

Thanks for your replies, I was just wondering because my old dodge is all warn out (250k miles), but is has good axles. I need to rebuild the engine/trany but thought it would be interesting to make it either diesel or MF. I just don't know if it would fit or if the axles can take the weight.

houdel

From the M35A2 data plates I have:

LOA 262 1/2" wo/w, 277 W/W
WOA 96"
Height 114-11/16 " reduceable to 81 WO/W"; 112-1/16 reduceable to 79-11/16 W/W
Weight 13,030 lbs WO/W, 13530 lbs W/w

madsam

So it looks a little heavy for a 1/2 ton pickup. But if you get deuce axles, then you might be stressing out the frame.. And by that point maybe it would be better to do a bobbed deuce if you want a smaller multi fuel. May be cheaper too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks