• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What makes a VIC-1

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Had a lot of questions about stuff I was selling so here is a layout of a basic VIC-1 system. I put out signs showing what is what but in case it doesn't show up----

Battery -> CX ? cable -> MX-7777 Surge Supressor -> CX-13908 cable -> Mount MT1029 -> CX-4723 cable -> Amplifier AM-1780 (also known as a J-Box) -> CX-4723 cable -> Control Box C-2298 (also known as a C-Box) -> headphone/microphone set

The Mount MT1029 is made to hold a 12 series radio such as the RT-524 which makes an AN/VRC-46 radio set. By adding certain components you change the radio system such as adding additional mounts and radios or adding a listening only receiver set R-442 which makes and AN/VRC-47. Other than the Mount MT-1029, none of this is shown in the photo.

Various types of microphone and headsets can be used on the C-2298 box. There are integrated ones with the microphone mounted on the headset. You can also use a separate headset and microphone as shown. Or you can use a loudspeaker and microphone. A lot of choices here.

The amplifier AM-1780 has 3 hook up positions on the top and one on the bottom for the CX-4723. The CX-4723 from Mount MT-1029 must go into the plug in point marked J-801 on the amplifier.

I hope this helps folks visualize what they need.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On mine, I cheated and used a CX4720 straight from the battery to the AM1780. The MX7777 is highly suggested.

sermis

Here is how I have mine right now. I was going to mount behind the seats but I am going to install the reinforcement plate and not sure on room. I also thought about mounting to the hard top but most likely will remove the top in summer.
There is a guy on e-bay selling the helmets. If you have kids they will think it is cool. I got the small for my son. It is complete except for the “Y” cable.

Attachments

Cdub

RE: Control box hookup

Thanks BC........Can I go from Control Box to Control box as well with a small little 4723 jumper......??

I'm also having other issues........I'll shoot ya a PM.

Cheers,

C'dub

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All right I am slightly confused. I got it from the AM-1780 out. What do you do if you want the MX7777 surge suppressor without the MT1029 radio mount? Is it the CX-4720 from the battery to MX-7777 surge suppressor to a CX-13089 cable that attaches to the AM-1780?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
All right I am slightly confused. I got it from the AM-1780 out. What do you do if you want the MX7777 surge suppressor without the MT1029 radio mount? Is it the CX-4720 from the battery to MX-7777 surge suppressor to a CX-13089 cable that attaches to the AM-1780?

Yep, the 13089 cable goes to the 1780 (bottom right if I remember correctly.

I would also highly suggest getting the manual downloaded. There's other settings and plug ins you should know about.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. I finally found a source for the missing parts and wanted to order them ASAP. Problem being I am 2,000 miles from my truck or manuals. I thought I was right just wanted to confirm. Thanks CARNAC!:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks