Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Price for a GOAT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rchalmers3 View Post
    Sig, we understand your frustration. The mods don't think they have it figured out. What is happening is that there is a wave of newbs signing up on SS to sell stuff and the mods are trying to figure out how to slow the bombardment..... sometimes causing collateral damage with seasoned vets like yourself.

Stay with it and you will be at 100 posts in a week. We appreciate and welcome your knowledge and tenacity.

Rick
    Rick,
    A suggestion on what they could do is charge to post a classified if you don't have 100 posts that will help the cause and scurry off the undesirables. That could be a win win for everybody.
    Last edited by Sig229; 05-16-2011 at 01:39.
    "No honey! I always had this military truck. I just kept it with the other two trucks at my parents house."

---------------------------------------------------
    My Toys!!!
    1x M35A2
    2x M105
    2x M1009
    1x M101A2
    1x M-Gator
    1x M274A3
    1x Gama Goat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Rick,
    A suggestion on what they could do is charge to post a classified if you don't have 100 posts that will help the cause and scurry off the undesirables. That could be a win win for everybody.

The already to that.

Classified Ads: These free ads are for the benefit of our membership. To encourage forum participation, and discourage people from joining just to post a free ad, a minimum of 100 posts will be required before a user can place an ad. They are subject to final approval by SS.com staff. Do not post commercial advertising. Commercial advertising is a pay-per-ad service. Please email the webmaster if you would like to post a commercial/vendor ad. Please keep all free classified ads military vehicle related. Do NOT post more than 10 ads at any one time. Users with more than 10 ads will have their oldest ads deleted. Members who consistently abuse the system by posting more than 10 ads will have the classified ad privileges revoked.

Thanks

Thumbs up Classified ads

Quote Originally Posted by Derrickl112 View Post
    The already to that.

Classified Ads: These free ads are for the benefit of our membership. To encourage forum participation, and discourage people from joining just to post a free ad, a minimum of 100 posts will be required before a user can place an ad. They are subject to final approval by SS.com staff. Do not post commercial advertising. Commercial advertising is a pay-per-ad service. Please email the webmaster if you would like to post a commercial/vendor ad. Please keep all free classified ads military vehicle related. Do NOT post more than 10 ads at any one time. Users with more than 10 ads will have their oldest ads deleted. Members who consistently abuse the system by posting more than 10 ads will have the classified ad privileges revoked.
    Derrickl112 Thank you for taking the time and explaining the rules in more detail. I don't plan on Starting a DRMO on SS.
    I do plan on staying up to date with current topics and learning from folks like you who take the time and enjoy sharing their knowledge and not assuming the negative. I just want to add I am not mad or feel that I was intentionally treated as a potential abuser/manipulator of a site, that I feel has members that I can relate with and share useful information on military vehicles. Thanks again.
    "No honey! I always had this military truck. I just kept it with the other two trucks at my parents house."

My Toys!!!
    1x M35A2
    2x M105
    2x M1009
    1x M101A2
    1x M-Gator
    1x M274A3
    1x Gama Goat

Thanks

i just copied that from the forum rules page...

Thanks

Flag Speachless

Quote Originally Posted by Derrickl112 View Post
    i just copied that from the forum rules page...
    I was beginning to think you have too much free time on your hands.
    You still get an "A" for effort!
    Last edited by Sig229; 05-23-2011 at 08:30.

My Toys!!!
    1x M35A2
    2x M105
    2x M1009
    1x M101A2
    1x M-Gator
    1x M274A3
    1x Gama Goat

Thanks
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,011 Posts

Sig229, it's a legitimate question, IMO. I think Doghead has a goat and he could tell you more. Prices, according to my research is $6k-12K. You would be crazy NOT to clean and paint where the minimum investment would get maximum return. If yours runs fine and only needs paint, you could fetch close to the $10K area provided all metal is intact. S o much depends on condition. Difficult to say. Paint it, for sure. It would be the best money you ever spent. They are in big demand as small quantites are available. They seem to sell without problems. Does it swim? That's huge! I've seen fully restored items asking price $12K to $15K. No telling what the final price is. Good luck.

3 different kinds of Deuces, a M37, over 40 trailers, a few different diesel generators

Thanks

RPM great news

Quote Originally Posted by 3dAngus View Post
    Sig229, it's a legitimate question, IMO. I think Doghead has a goat and he could tell you more. Prices, according to my research is $6k-12K. You would be crazy NOT to clean and paint where the minimum investment would get maximum return. If yours runs fine and only needs paint, you could fetch close to the $10K area provided all metal is intact. S o much depends on condition. Difficult to say. Paint it, for sure. It would be the best money you ever spent. They are in big demand as small quantites are available. They seem to sell without problems. Does it swim? That's huge! I've seen fully restored items asking price $12K to $15K. No telling what the final price is. Good luck.
    Thank you for answering my question I am jumping up and down rite now. I will give it a one over and make it look clean. I will also contact Doghead to find out how to test it buoyancy without paying a visit to Davie Jones
    Thanks again 3dAngus.

My Toys!!!
    1x M35A2
    2x M105
    2x M1009
    1x M101A2
    1x M-Gator
    1x M274A3
    1x Gama Goat

Thanks

hello
    what's wrong with the one next to it it look more complete
    frenchman

Thanks

would be interrested in partsing them out????

Private
    Thanks

Is there anyone in so Nevada that has a basket case Goat for sale that anyone knows about? I'm willing to P/U the heap. John

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4