Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Oil / Gas mix to fuel deuce

Thanks

Default Oil / Gas mix to fuel deuce

Hey all,

I have read plenty of posts where individuals are mixing gas and used motor oil. Has anyone ever used Synthetic oil in the mixture? My Deuce just arrived last night, and I have been collecting used motor oil, but I have no idea if any of it is Synthetic oil.

Does it matter?

I will be cleaning the oil with the centrifuge from diesel craft.... I though I would ask the question as it came up today at work.

Any suggestions?

TommyG

Pics of the new Deuce attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default RE: Oil / Gas mix to fuel deuce

It can not make a difference, and if U are ever in need mix the oil in use, they are compatable, it was not true in the past about it not being able to be mixed in the engine.and as in any case, ANY oil is better than NO oil.But as for burning it , its fine...Randy

Thanks

Randy,

Thanks a bunch, I will keep collecting without worry.

TG

Banned
    Thanks

Ah my last addition to the tank a about 5 gallons of synthetic from my other truck ( some i had saved plus a new change ) doesnt seem to hurt it. Theres a slight bit of blue smoke from the exhaust goin down the road and you can smell the oil a bit but it beats paying $4.30 a gallon for straight #2. I just mix mine a lil here and a lil there 50/50 gas/umo no probs it looks funny in the lines and make sure you got filters on hand just in case. I was worried at first about the oil seperating in the tank but it doesnt seem to be a issue. Now I just add it and go. Good luck, Captain

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alredneck For This Useful Post:

SSGHillbilly (10-13-2019)

4 Star General
    Thanks

Synthetic oil is the same as regular oil. The only difference being that synthetic oil is more refined to be of similar desired oil molecules. It all burns the same. The real synthetic oil that was made for jet engines and such is not very common these days. The government dilluted the name to include just more refined oil years back. Anyways I never heard of any problems burning the real synthetic oil either.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to builder77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am getting a 1968 Kaiser-Jeep with the mulitfuel engine. Has anyont tried the ( Diesel Secret Energy- Alternative Biofuel ) system? If so I would like to know how it worked.
    FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969-1973
    1968 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 W/W AKA BEAUTIFUL BEAST

Thanks

50/50 umo and deisel. truck loves it.

Chuck XD Fan

Thanks

dont mean to sound negitive, maybe iam a little nervous,but i have to ask. just how are you filtering umo. i have been reading alot on people using it and right now the cons out weight the pros.i have many gallons here but still not convinced its the right thing.so please enlighted me,diesel fuel is over 5 a gallon here.for the people using umo, how long have you been using it .and what ratio. a 50/50 seems a little high to me. thanks steve

11. The Following User Says Thank You to offroaddiesel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Joseph,

do the speaker magnets actually pick something up in the tank? Would be interesting to know if they can attract very small ferrous objects in the oil. The larger ones are filtered out anyhow.
    Another thing that makes me think is what if you dilute the wmo / umo with diesel or gas before letting it sit for a while or filtering it - wouldn't the crap settle more easily or the filtering process be faster because of the lower viscosity?

Mark
    in dubio, pro reo!

roger-wilco-66 aka Mark

1966 M35a2 w/w whistler turbo

Thanks

Filter filter and then filter again... I run 80/20 synthetic (80 is oil).... Get a bypass filter assy from napa and pump it through at a low PSI... This will get you down to about 5M... I do this 2X once pumping into my collection tank and then while pumping out into my trucks...

Oil sampling on your engine oil will tell you if your causing yourself problems or not...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to devilman96 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast