• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser vs Multi Fuel tanks

Crash_AF

My new gasser has 6 year old fuel/rust/dirt sludge in the bottom of the tank (about 1/4 in thick or thicker under the filler). Should I try to have it cleaned or just get another tank? Are the gasser and multi tanks even the same?

Thanks,
Joe

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had mine cleaned at a heavy truck place. I think it was 35-40$. The tanks are different but you could probably make one work.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crash_AF said:
... Are the gasser and multi tanks even the same?
Thanks,
Joe
Basically yes, except for the size of the fuel pickup/pump mounting flange and the two additional 1/4" NPT ports according to following diagram.
It should not be to difficult to use a MF tank in a gasser removing the pump and adapting the gasser pickup tube.

G.

Attachments

Barrman

RE: Re: Gasser vs Multi Fuel tanks

I am using a multi tank on my Gasser. The mechanical pump pulls the gas out of the tank past the not used intank pump just fine.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: Gasser vs Multi Fuel tanks

Anyone have a pic of the tanks cross-section? In other words, from the side, to show the location of baffles, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks