• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m211 brake system

tjmilitary

We have recently bought a m211 and have brake problems. It seems the air pack has quit working. I dont know much about these brakes can anyone help?

cleb

You might look in the TM section of the SS site for the manual for the M211. The air pack is probably rebuildable. I have one out of a M135, unknown condition, if you need parts. The brake system is similar to the M35 series trucks. I never really dug into the brakes when I had my M211, so can't help much there. Good luck.

tjmilitary

We have a TM and it really dosent say much about that. Someone said there is another manual just for the brake booster but i'm not sure. I also looked at a m35 and its close but not the same.

txdodge43man

My dad has a M135 and the guy that restored the truck just took the booster out and it stops fine but if your going to use it to haul with you need that booster. My dad uses his for parade use only.

butch atkins

TM 9-1827B BRAKE MANUAL

the manual you would want to rebuild the air hydraulic cylinder (booster,air pac,hydrovac) and a bunch of other names it has been called is ,TM 9-1827B ,I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS MANUAL IF ANYONE HAS ONE FOR SALE,IF YOU HAVE IT AND DONT WANT TO SELL IT ,SCAN IT INTO THE SS TECHNICAL LIBRARY,THIS IS THE MANUAL FOR THE M135,M211 GMC TRUCK ONLY,THE UNITS DO NOT INTERCHANGE WITH ANYTHING ELSE,this info is taken from TM 9-1819AC,p 429,i have most of the manuals for the gmc trucks ,dont have this one or TM 9-1826D,HOLLEY CARBURETOR AND GOVERNOR,so if anyone has them and wants to sell them ,em,pm , me.if you have them and dont want to sell them ,give it up to the ss tech library,good luck to all on your projects

nattieleather

RE: TM 9-1827B BRAKE MANUAL

You use to be able to get a rebuilt airpack from menphis equipment. I'm not sure what it will cost now though. I got mine like 10 years ago. Take your time and go through the brake system. Fix and replace any bad wheel cylinders and any adjusters. Repack your bearings and you should be good to go. I loved the brakes on the 211/135 they stop on a dime and give 8 cents change. You will notice a big difference once you get it working. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking the air pack off a M35 will work..it will not.

tjmilitary

I have already been told to take one off of an M35 but it is totally different. Is there anything you can do to the airpack or do you have to rebuild it?

nattieleather

You can check it to make sure it's clean....clear out any mud wasp nests etc. There is a diaphram in the large cylinder that moves when the air is applied to it. This pushes the slave cylinder which in turns pushes the brake fluid through the system. i.e. power brakes. If that diaphram has gone bad you need to rebuild. But for me it was easier to pull the old one and give it as a core for the rebuilt one. Make sure your getting air to the pack too.

cleb

Did you ever get this fixed? I tore apart the M135 this week, if you still need an air pak I have a takeout one, looks newer, but still unknown condition. PM me if interested.

JackG

Hey all, I finally decyphered the manual and through process of ellimination I discovered that there was not evough brke fluid in the master cylinder to activate the air assist. after filling then recaping the master cylinder resv. it has worked without problem. Now I have go to do a compression check to see if the engine is running on all cylinders. It's not missing, but it is lacking power even when I drop the trans into 1st If i get to the top of a grade and stop it does not have enough power to move onless it is in low.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks