• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M35 Shorty given birth in NH

joesco

All,

My M715 is sold and I have moved up in military vehicle tonage.

With the tremendous mechanical and fabrication expertise of member beaubeau, I am now the proud owner of a 1970 M35A2, Army Truck on Steroids, aka Brutus.

Both beaubeau and myself will be heading up to the Weare Rally today with our trucks, his 5-ton tractor and Brutus.

This bob job completed by beaubeau came out great as you can from my link below and his progress report at

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24309

For more pics, go to my website below and see my signature pic.

http://www.neatstuff2sell.com/Brutus_Pics.php

Would like to single the tires out someday if I can find some locally.

I will need a good heater and after doing some research, I would like to get my hands on a multi-fuel personal heater that are used in some 5 tons and tanks. I saw one on Ebay, but it was $300.00 which is pricey.

I had a EBERSPACHER Diesel Heater in my Unimog and it blew some serious heat. It was 24v and used the diesel for fuel and exhausted out the back of the cab.

Another other suggestions on heaters, feel free to help me out. Thanks!

PS We hope to start propagating more of this versitile rigs in New England!!!

scooter01922

Nice lookin truck, i was hoping to get my deuce to weare but due to lack of time that just isn't gonna happen. Hopefully more of us northeast SS members can get together sometime this summer.

joesco

Trip Home from Up North - First Highway Ride in Brutus

Traveled down I93 South in NH today,to bring my new rig home. A total of 58 miles. Other than a quick heavy rain shower, which scared the bejesus out of me (NDTs!!!) the truck handled great. I hit a top speed of 58mph with a tach reading of 2400 rpm.

This is the second trip for Brutus and I have put a total of 128 miles on the truck and the fuel tank is still at one half. First trip was up to the Weare Rally this past weekend. Can't wait see what my fuel mileage is when I fill with 50% filtered WMO and fresh Diesel. Might be able to push 14mpg?????

WOW, my left arm sure hurts from all the return waves from folks, truckers, bikers and even a few babes!! This washed up 52 year old guy actually almost felt 25 again!!

Check out Lil Turd and Big Brutus!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks