• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you want changed about GL?

Blood_of_Tyrants

In interest of full disclosures, the auctions should remain viewable for 60 days AND the winning bidder should be disclosed. I have proof that one person ran the bid up on AT LEAST 14 trucks, winning several, and then didn't pay for them or take delivery of ANY of them. He ran the bid up on one truck $1800! Did GL inform the winners of the other items that someone who had no intention of buying the items had run up the bids? Are you kidding? All they care about is $$$$. Screw the bidders!

TacticalTruck

steelsoldiers said:
Since the auction listings go away after 24 hrs, I have made it my practice to save each listing along with the bid information packet on my computer after I win. That way, I have a copy forever and can always go back and print it off later. Go to the auction listing, click file, then save page as, and stick it in a folder on your hard-drive. It would be very nice not to have to do that. I will continue to do it until GL changes their policy.
I bet people would pay for that info. You need to start another web page that tracks and saves GL bid history and provides it for a fee.
Jeff

Dieselsmoke

What do you want changed about GL?
1-get rid of the $150 minimum on certain items. Some of them aren't worth half that.
2-whatever it takes, don't let Tim leave Sierra Depot!!! Better yet, clone Tim. If everyone working for GL were like that man, you'd have one awesome organization!!!!!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree...there are some great people working for GL; there are also some duds. I don't want to name names but some of the site reps are not only a bit rude, but are downright unhelpful. When HALFTRACK went to pick up his truck recently, the NG guy was standing right there and offered to help load the truck with a forklift. The site rep said that he was not allowed to help, but eventually relented. The site rep, then, said that this was the last time she would let anyone help the buyer. I can understand that GL cannot guarantee that there will be assistance in loading an item and that is why they say things like BUYER LOADS. However, if there is someone at the site that is willing to help, why stand in their way? If it is an issue of liability, GL has shown that the best they will do is allow the buyer to back out. It is not as if they will fix or replace damaged or lost items. Have the buyer sign a waiver of liability.

ssgtwright-usmc

Id like for the EUC to be less complicated! You must have a physical address and a home phone number but not a cell phone.
Its easy to verify a P.O.Box also since the P.O. will have your physical address on file.
Cell phone number would be in (Hopefully the users name). My old house phone is still in the ex wife name while the electric was in mine.
Now that we are not together and mail doesnt get delivered to where I am at now I have a P.O.Box.
Guess I could use the ex address since I do have mail with my name and address on it.
Like for them to notify you more easily on the GL website if you did win and what steps need to be taken next.
I get lost and confused trying to find a lot I bidded on to find I lost 5 out of 6.
The GL website should be more customer user friendly, e-mail sent to you on GL website, (Hey, you just won lot 3030, please click here to pay in full, please go here when paid in full, please print a copy of the EUC and fax it to us within 7 working days, you also need to file a SF-97 since you won a trailer or vehicle.
Congratulation, everything is now complete and you have 2 weeks to claim your lot)!!!!
The site should be customer user friendly, e-mails sent to you on your GL account and another to your personnel e-mail account.
I hate having two windows open when I should be able to do everything on one website!!!!!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Having bought like many of you at the old auctions on post conducted by the local DRMO it was awesome and I got some very good deals no fees SF 97 right on the money as Jeff said earlier and the folks attending the auction were very friendly. I do like the on line bidding now since I have won a few nice vehicles and items this way that I would not have seen but the things they have been doing lately are very maddening. I think better pick up hours, no fee,free on site SF97, MHE support and a cold drink in the summer and a hot coffee in winter heck I get all that from Home Depot.

mangus580

ssgtwright-usmc said:
Id like for the EUC to be less complicated! You must have a physical address and a home phone number but not a cell phone.
Every EUC I have ever done has been with my cell phone. Its my only phone.

LanceRobson

I've watched long enough, time to chime in...

1. Answer the phone!! I've only once gotten through to a customer service rep in less the 15 minutes. Stop lying to me every 30 seconds about how important my call is; it obviously is NOT important or GL'ed have enough staff to answer the phone.

2. Return a call. I've long since lost count of the number of times I've been promised a return call from GL's home office. I've never gotten one. The field folks are uniformly great at returning calls.

3. Return an email. The only time I've gotten a "real" reply email, as opposed to an automated one, was when I got an "EUC needs revision" email for an auction that was closed less than two days and for which I hadn't yet sent the EUC! The rep replied with an "well, you need to fill out the attached form" email.

4. Keep your hands off my money until you're ready to let me take possession! I've never had or heard of any company charging a customer this way. The only time I've ever had a company charge me at the time I placed an order was for "special order" items, like custom windows.

4. Competent descriptions. Right now there are Mobile Kitchen Trailers on the site with picture of the exterior but with no pictures of the contents , or lack of contents. It's the contents that make the darn thing worth real money! The useless practice of spouting the full description of an item from a NSN catalog needs to stop. If the folks charged with getting "top dollar" for these items of public property know or care so little about them-fire them or train and motivate them.

5. Hire enough competent people to handle EUCs in a timely manner. My typical wait, in house at GL, before a EUC is reviewed is 4-6 days. My account is currently suspended due to an EUC sitting at GL for 6 days before Brandi Guerrero reviewed it. I was sent an email giving me 1 day to correct it (During the Gilbert show). How come I get hammered for not responding within one day to something GL couldn't get around to in six days? Sales close every week. The lame excuse of "we're really busy" dosen't cut it. Hire the people to handle the workload.

6. Get a fair timely and respectful dispute process. I faxed (as instructed) a dispute on Monday, followed up early yesterday with a detailed email and haven't heard a word, not even the normal canned email receipt message. So much for the GL Customer No Service department.

Enough for now....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone notice an absence of our GL rep? This thread was started on the 12th and she replied on the 12th but has been absent since. I hope she is formulating a response.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lance: I can tell you from experience...with regard to your dispute, they will do nothing other than allow you to back out of your bid. How's that for a fair resolution?!?! Hey GL, if I wanted to back out, I wouldn't have bid! Instead, I bid a great deal of hard-earned money and got screwed because (a) my trucks were damaged while in your possession (to be fair, they deny this) and (b) parts were stolen from my truck while in your possession (to be fair, they agree with me on this one). Still, I received the same resolution...basically nothing. The "in your (GL's) possession" point means nothing to GL.

LanceRobson

Bruce, I'd really like to complete the transaction but at this point I'd accept backing out if there are no penalties. There are more trucks for sale every week.

The problem is that with a fax, an email and phone calls from me, there have been no replies at all. No resolution, no default charge, nothing. I PMed Robyn this AM to see if she can help.

For what it's worth. GL is responsible for the property in their care. I've decided to report any further missing or damaged property to the criminal investigation detachment(CID) that services the installation. Maybe that will have some impact, maybe not. We'll see.

Interestingly, I have had nothing but professional and cordial relations with the "boots on the ground" GL folks. I have had a few bright spots in dealing with GLs HQ but mostly just a really miserable experience there.

EDIT: Also, there are items for sale this week I'd bid on. I'm not a "big dealer" but in the last couple of months I've bought 5 trucks and 5 trailers. I'd like to keep doing so.

Lance

ssgtwright-usmc

And the other thing Id like to see besides the event/lot id being posted in the auctions that you won but have the description of item beside the event/lot id.
I like to know exactley what I won if I have bidded on multiple items and only won 1.
event: 3041, lot: 2000, describtion: M1008 located at Barstow.
God knows how many members bid on items from other states.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
And now after my experience last week, they need to give back all the money they have STOLEN from people on these supposed forfetures.

ssgtwright-usmc

Misc items of vehicle parts

It would be of great help if GL would list the pellets of Misc vehicle parts more descriptively.
Be nice if GL would say, (Pellet of misc vehicle parts for the following vehicles) and list what vehicles the parts may belong to. If parts are unknown then state that also.
I have been tempted to buy a pellet of parts but then why would I want a pellet of items when nothing will fit on my vehicle.
A better description of misc parts should be to what type of vehicle/vehicles the parts may belong to.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Misc items of vehicle parts

Who has oversite on this GOVERNMENT contract? I am a government contractor and if my company did business like this we sure as h e l l would NOT be picked up for another 5 yr run......DRMS doesn't seem to be interested in any thing GL does..... Does GL answer to anyone?

mangus580

Re: RE: Misc items of vehicle parts

FMJ said:
Who has oversite on this GOVERNMENT contract? I am a government contractor and if my company did business like this we sure as h e l l would NOT be picked up for another 5 yr run......DRMS doesn't seem to be interested in any thing GL does..... Does GL answer to anyone?
Remember FMJ... the contract between GL and the GOVT is just that, between them. I am sure GL doesnt yank THEM around, or they wouldnt be getting renewed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Misc items of vehicle parts

Well, I've given this great thought and I now know what I want changed at GL. THE MANAGEMENT! Not only is there no "customer" in customer service, there is no "service" in customer service as well. At least the oil companies give you a little stroke when they are ramming their policy up your backside, GL is dumping salt and vinegar on you when they are ramming you. What a pathertic company.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks