• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

super single rim question

Dan6wd

I was wondering if their is a difference in the wheels between the m35 dually versus the m34 super single. I know on the m34 they come with 11.00X20 tire, so is the rim wider than the m35's 9.00x20 tire? Is the offset of the wheel the same, or is the weel width and offset the same on both wheels, but the hubs are factory flipped on the super single equiped trucks? essentially, what im asking is if I flip my hubs on my m35, then bolt the factory m35 wheel with an 11.00x20 tire mounted on it, would i have the same offset, appearence, ect as an m34 with facotry super singles. WHEW! I said it. Please excuse my redundancy. :p Keep On Trucking!

Dan6wd

Yes I do concede with you, about the stance looking better.Sso is it the m34's wheel offset, or the fact that the hubs are flipped in for a normal super single setup that gives it that wheel track, or is a combination of both the m34's wheel offset, and the hub flip configuration? am I making sense with all of this? :D

tmbrwolf

Same wheel is used for the super single's, the tires are just 11.00X20 instead of the 9.00X20's, of course the rear hubs are "flipped" to change the offset. The army started to change some of the M35A2's over to super singles, they used a commercially available tire instead of the NDCC's.

JasonS

The M34 (and M135) used different wheels which have less offset. You can, however, use the hub flip and M35 wheel.

SuperJoe

it looks as if the spacing would be right under the bed side with an 11-20. is that wheel wide enough to support a 395/85r20 or perhaps a 16r20 assuming the truck has either been bobbed or the tandems have been seperated of course

Dan6wd

gringeltaube, so what if i were to use the m35 wheel with 10.5 inch backspace but flip the hubs. do you have any idea what kind of wheel track that would produce? my conjecture is maybe 1 to 2 inches inwards twoards the frame maybe?

Dan6wd

ok bfr, now what would be closer to what i was trying to calculate would be for you to bolt that 1100x20 onto your truck and take another picture so we could see both the height/diameter difference and the wheel track difference

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
with the rear hubs flipped (out) all three axles have the same track.
with the m34 wheels the track is a couple of inches wider. (FWIW, my general rule of thumb is... if gerhard says it... listen)
My bed is several inches narower than a standard m35 cargo bed. IMO the m34 wheels w/ 1100 "look right" under mine, while under the standard m35 bed the m34 w/1100 "looks too narrow"
They will work very well but wether or not it "looks right" is highly subjective.

Attachments

wilfreeman

So if I use M34 wheels on the front with G177s (11.00x20), the tire should be sit out 1" closer to the edge of the fender? I think I am about 2" in from the edge now.

Last edited:

wilfreeman

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for. You da man G!

Next question: How would a 5 ton combat wheel (with adapters) sit on the front of a deuce?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks