• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 series overload springs

swdodge

Was checking out the local VFD M880 (M884) the other day and noticed it had overload springs in the rear. My M880 does not have them. Looking at the manual section, it lists the overload springs as an option. Does the M884 have them because it was a camo shelter carrier while the M880 was a standard cargo truck?

Does anyone have a set of the overload springs off a parts truck they want to sell?

Thanks,
Steve

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
swdodge said:
Was checking out the local VFD M880 (M884) the other day and noticed it had overload springs in the rear. My M880 does not have them. Looking at the manual section, it lists the overload springs as an option. Does the M884 have them because it was a camo shelter carrier while the M880 was a standard cargo truck?
Steve, you are correct, the M884 series had the overload springs to carry the S-250 shelter, and SOME of the M882 radio truck versions had them as well. The M880s did not. They are a direct swap-in.

If you can't find a parts truck with overload springs, you can fit any number of aftermarket overload spring kits to the truck. Try JC Whitney first, they have all sorts of overload springs....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks