• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL ads disappeared...did I miss something?

ssgtwright-usmc

Does anyone really care if GL pulled their ad or not?
Come on, most of used GL before they advertised here so who really cares?
SS might have lost a contributor for right now but that advertisement can be replaced with something that we can all use I hope.
Google is a major search engine so yes, most people will advertise with them due to that fact.
SS being a site orieneted site means alot of advertisers will not advertise here.
I doubt that you will see AVON knocking down SS doors so that they can sell Skin Care here.
Google is a major search
gine site so their is a big differance between the two!!!

ssgtwright-usmc

Since GL is no longer a sponsor now Im sure we will hear more horror stories about GL service.
Im still waiting for my first (3) EUC to go thru since September.
Im waiting on (5) STE/ICE testing equipment, (1) M-105A2 Trailer and (1)6.2l engine to go thru.
Just won some new furniture on Tuesday but they have yet to take money out of my account or even send a e-mail saying that I won!!!!
I know I was the highest bidder on that Auction this past week!!!!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone really care if GL pulled their ad or not?
Yes, we all should. Not because of who pulled their ad, but the lost revenue doesnt help keep the place running..

I think people have forgotten the not so very long ago past SS board that was SLOW...... There was a collection, and equipment got upgraded, and the site is now at a good speed...

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm all for having differentiated advertisers such as outdoorsman and camping stuff.

As far as the previously stated firearms concern, there's ways to take related ads without the firearms themselves, such as the many accessories used with them. I am not against firearms ads in fact I like them, but I am not competent to comment on legal liabilities so I won't argue the point.

We use alot of NAPA parts and mention them alot. Some of us use electronics like inverters and battery chargers. How about those companies who make 24-volt versions like Xantrex?

Doesn't the revenue from some ads depend on them being clicked on?

And I still would not be too upset about a yearly membership fee to help further, but I get the feeling most would rather avoid that and some members, especially those who lurk or are inactive with regard to posting, would probably opt out. Keeping the membership numbers up is important for marketing and influence.

colomil

GL is the only crack dealer in town and everyone must buy their camo crack from them. This will not change untile the DRMS gets enough complaints about them to take action.

Here are some ads I would like to see: Companies that tow/haul trucks, vehicle title bonding companies, 4x4 parts companies that have MV applications, tool companies, etc.

One step above that would be an eBay API so trucks in the "Military vehicles" category get a mini posting here.

Other ideas that do not generate revenue but would make this site well worth a membership fee:

An RSS feed on political news that impacts this hobby, webscraping of craigslist, tnol.com, local newspapers, and other online classified for MV related items, GL post auction webscraping and past auction lookup, GSAauctions webscraping, state/city government auction/sales links, etc...

I think that at some point we should use our large numbers to try to influence the government entities that oversee GL. If the site made a few bucks either by ads or by membership, thiswould be an excellent way to invest the proceeds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks