• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what does this wheel fit

tommygun

Today while looking around in a field full of military surplus , I came across some wheels which caught my attention . Can someone help identify what they might fit . They appear to be 20 inch diameter , 10 lug , about 13 inches wide (rim edge to rim edge )
They are one piece wheels ,not bolt together ,not split ring .
The center is offset about 75% to one side
The wheels have bar coded tags with NSN 2530010380805 and
DTID w35n4092730803
I asked what they fit and was told he had no idea , but would take $20 apiece . Wheels are in great condition ,just dont know what their good for .
Sorry I didnt have a camera so no pictures .BUT will go back later if needed.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Sounds like they might be good rims for a 5 bob ton project or to put bigger tires on a wrecker or other 5 ton.....if they are the right bolt pattern.

Pics would be a big plus if you can get them.....if they have a custom application 20 bucks would be a huge bargain.

I am close enough to pick up if I can use them.

tommygun

The wheels look like 5 ton bolt pattern. The center is a flat disk with the center hole ,10 lug holes , 1 arched cutout for the valve stem .
I did a google search for the NSN 2530010380805 and found it has a Army and Air Force application but not on what vehicle.
I'm hopfully getting a m818 this week and will get one of the wheels and check the bolt pattern.
Does anyone know if there was ever a 1 piece super single wheel made?

Jones

All the one-piece rims I've seen so far are civilian app.
As stiff as military tires are, I'd hate to try and wrestle one onto a one-piece rim.
The flat disc center makes it sound like they're custom.

tommygun

The wheels have a barcoded sticker on each one with a national stock number.When you go to www.iso-group.com spare parts logistics for defense industry its shows they are a "wheel, pneumatic tire " the only other info is tire rim nominal diameter 19.500 inches.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Sooooooo.......they are 10 bolt, 20 inch rims....were a military application....may have been stock rims on a howitzer and might fit on a 5 ton.
The question is will the back spacing (or lack of it) affect using the rims on a prime mover.
If they will fit a 5 ton I would love to have seven (got to have a spare) and some HEMMET tires to go on my 816.
How many does the yard have??????
I will pay you double their asking price and pick them up if I can use them.
Please PM me when you have pics and details.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks