• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Searching for thread

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to do this, but I've been searching for two days now for a recent thread that discussed wiring an electric brake controller (12 volt) for a civy trailer on a deuce. I think the thread that I was looking at had a link to another and one of them contained an actual wiring diagram. I just saw this thread within the last two weeks and thought I book marked it, but I book marked a stupid thread instead that is just chit chat.

I've been searching for two days, but I know someone will find it in 30 sec and make me look stupid.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

As always gents, your help is greatly appreciated.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a short reply in another post about a brake controller. Other's have posted about their controllers.

Mine's 12v, gets power from the first battery. Only difference was wiring the brake signal to the controller. Used a 24volt relay, and hooked it to the brake light switch. When the brake switch comes on it closes the relay. The relay then sends 12 volt from the first battery to the brake controller, that tells the controller the brakes are on, and stops the trailer. Works good.

Dennis

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, these are not the ones but they do help. The one I'm looking for had a wiring diagram in it. Not that I desperately need the wiring diagram, but the thread was very good, at least for me to understand.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wiring diagram for the trailer setup or the CAD drawing of the M44 wiring?

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, I'm not sure. Before you asked, I was sure it was a diagram of how someone wired in a 12 v brake controller.