• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ford GTB Burma Jeep

Bodger Baz

No seats unless they are around here somewhere and I don't remember where. The two covers in the middle are there. The spare bracked is there. No windshield frame. It has a fabricated aluminum top, so the windshield was probably removed when the top was installed. I may have taken the seats out when I moved it because they were loose, it was years ago, maybe fifteen. I will get a picture up soon.
PM Sent with regards to the floor and spare wheel bracket

Baz

WarrenD

There was a guy at the RIMVCC who had one, I'll have to check my photos and see if I have a shot of the passenger seat.

WarrenD

Glad to have saved a bomb carrier and lucky that mine came from the west coast and is in very good shape and complete. Still searching for a passenger seat for my vehicle, or even one to copy. I can fabricate one from a good photo or drawing if anyone has one. Anybody out there ever see any top bows???? Been looking for years with no luck, but always hopefull I will stumble across some. Trying to get some photos posted hope they come thru this time. Some photos of the front and rear end coming apart and rebuilt. Sandblasted frame and parts, and turning those monster drums. About as big as I can get on the brake lathe. More to follow.
These are the best I have. The guy was from RI, so I'm sure a little detective work could find him, he might let you take measurements, etc.

Attachments

metalshaper

Some photos of my GTB bomb carrier coming together. Painted all the chassis components earlier in the week and finally assembled everything yesterday. Nice to be able to roll it around after all this time. Just getting ready to roll out of the paint booth. More to follow. And as always still searching for the passenger seat for this vehicle.

Attachments

WarrenD

Saw another GTB at Gilbert last weekend, had the top on. I have a few pics if you are interested.

WarrenD

I'll look the up and see if I can get them posted. Might take a few days but looks like you won't be ready for the top tomorrow....:p

jzimm999

I just got a GTB also. Pretty complete truck and it runs good. I am looking for a complete windshield frame(inner and outer). If anyone knows of one or a parts truck with one on, let me know

John

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Burma Jeep" disappears in Los Angeles.

Anybody lay claim to or know what happened to the Ford GTB "Burma Jeep" that was parked in the front yard of a home on Slauson Ave near Jefferson Bl next to the 405 freeway. I believe the neighborhood is L.A. city just outside of Culver City.

It disappeared several weeks ago and it appears there is some heavy clean up going on at the house.

The truck looked to be in fairly decent shape. However, I never saw it run.

firebill

Hi metalshaper, your GTB looks great, you do very nice work. It is my 1943 GTBC Bomb Truck that someone posted pic's of the passenger seat. If you have not found a passenger seat yet for your GTB, I could send you somemore pic's of mine, or you could come to RI and borrow my very rusty spare passenger seat to make a copy of. I also have the original, slighty bent top bow's. A 1 million dollar deposit needed before the bow's leave RI:D Take Care, Bill

dionmtn

pass seat gtb

I just bought a seat from Beachwood Canvass. They sold me a seat that would go in the back of a GPW or MB and explained that it was the same thing except it would have to be cut down. It was very pricy, but there's no alternative that I have found.

beachwoodcanvas@comcast.net or 732 929 3168 they advertise in Supply Line.

dionmtn

01-09-2009
Please find attacted ten (10) pics the dipict the passenger set (or drivers set -which is the same set turned side ways w different mount) for your GTB incase you havenot found what you were looking for. Its a favority of mine, would appreciate any pic you can provide me in return. Boyd
I have been at my Burma Jeep for about 2 months. Lovely vehicle, love it so simple yet so well put together, and don't forget ugly. It's so ugly it's cute.

Right now, I need to find out what was the original color of the engine? I've been told a light green and then grey as well. I would lean toward grey if I have to guess, cause the GPW's engine was grey.

If anyone knows definately, please let me know and it would be a real help to know the color name or a web site to look at.:confused:

dionmtn

I could use a battery box cover and the roof bow for the cab. Let me know if you have either. Also, the metal parts or the whole roof bows for the bed. :grd:

nattieleather

Here is something I found with a quick web search. "As for original paint colors, the Ford and Mercury engines through 1940 were a dark green. Ford cars continued the color until 1942. Mercury engine had a dark blue color from 1941 thru 1948. Postwar Ford engines were dark blue thru 1948. Ford truck engines were generally the same as Ford cars during the years of this group."

My thinking here is since most of the motors were painted the manufactures paint color. I.e. Dodge silver in Dodges, Chevy grey in Chevy GMCs that the Ford would have been painted Ford's color.

Of course if you wanted to do a field rebuild then OD green would work too.

NavyMom

Bob Stahl has a couple of GTBs out in the field - we got some parts from him back in January - currently restoring a 1943 GTB Bomb service truck. We're looking for the passenger seat too and the canvas - or someone to replicate! Good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks