• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Garwood Winch Specs

jatonka

I know it sounds impossible, but what if someone made a mistake? That's what those last pages in all the TMs are for, no? JT My garwood 10K winches on the front of my deuces won't fit 300 of cable. unless you use sideboards

jatonka

the 2 1/2 ton 10000 lb winch still can't hold 300 feet of 1/2" cable and work with it, plus your line pull would be more reduced. so, maybe they meant 200 feet of 1/2" cable which is what is published in many operator and maintenance manuals. back to the 101

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like I said, I dunno.. Im just posting info I found online..

I have 250ft of 1/2 inch wire rope on my winch, it barely fits..

But 200 is what is called for in all the modern TM's.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The lube order is covered under the M939 Tech manuals as listed on this site. Lots of good information there.
You will have more questions, the manuals for these vehicles are all there.
(80/90 GO)

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
While not addressing the drum capacity, TM 9-8617 "Winches, Power-Takeoffs, Power-Divider and Hydraulic Equipment - Gar Wood" is an extremely useful manual for all things winch on the G-742, G-744 and G-749 trucks.

Best,
David Doyle
www.DavidDoyleBooks.com

M35A2
M35A2 w/w
M36A2
M36A2 w/w
Class 530C
M45 with 210G1 compressor
M292A2
M756
M764
M135
M123A1C
M62
CMU-5

Kevin h

I was wondering if anyone found parts for the Garwood G726 10000 lb winch? I just got one and need seals for the worm gear shaft and gaskets for the case. I found a TM on this site but cant seem to find the parts. Any help would be appreciated

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Site rules request a state in your location.

Try any of the MV surplus parts vendors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks