• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ANyone preview the deuces at Redstone Arsenal?

beck

I'm new and studying the deuce, which includes pricing. I'm not going to be a GL bidder for a while, but would like to understand the value a little better. I've been watching the current (1-22 ending) GL auction at Redstone Arsenal and trying to understand the value of the various deuces. If you have done a preinspection a PM would be appreciated or we can wait until after the auction has ended and post here.
The upcoming deuces in KY are closer so my interest will be higher there. From what I see online, Frankfort KY has no preinspection available. That makes it tough. Ft. Knox has only one day of preinspection and it is the final day of the auction. Naturally, I already have a dentist appt. that day.... I can wait.
I'm hoping to see something in St. Louis, but that's doubtful. Ft. Leonardwood, MO would be my 2nd choice. There are only non runners available there now.
Being new to the deuce makes it really hard on me. Even if/when I preview the trucks I don't know what to look for. reo54 has given me some tips over the phone which I appreciate. If there is a rod out the side of the block I know that's a bad thing, but the little things that the experienced deuce guys easily notice are lost by me. Anyone up to being an onsite tutor?
I am not going to be buying several, or even a few of these. I just want 1 nice one.

Last edited:

beck

Pricing evened out at the end

When I originally posted this there were 2 units in particular I was watching that the price was laging on. I was wondering if there was a flaw in those trucks. At closing the pricing evened out fairly close on all of them. I expected a bigger difference in the winch trucks. This is the 1st auction I have watched so I have a LOT to learn. After reading several of the recovery stories with ice and snow I figured that it would be best for me to wait a month or 2 before attempting to bid. I'm dreaming of a mid summer recovery.

On site inspection help would be appreciated when trucks become available more local to me. I guess that would be like shooting yourself in the foot though. If you are interested in purchasing one why tell a competitive bidder which one is best???? All I can hope for is a big lot of nice trucks.

dittle, I wasn't watching those prices. They closed before I got home from work and read this. Were those trucks about the same closing price as the AL trucks?

dittle

Only 1 in IA went for under 2k (it didn't run due to a fuel leak) and not one of them closed at 5:00. Still watching the bids just to see what they stop at.