Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian members and their Vehicles.

Thanks

Question Canadian members and their Vehicles.

Just throwing it out there to see how many Canadian members SS has and what type of vehicles they have and where they are from.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ChubbsMcGee For This Useful Post:

Another Ahab (12-26-2014)

Thanks

Nova Scotia here, just got my cucv m1009 to tinker on * which is getting kinda extensive in tinkering* i will be looking at aquiring a couple of dueces, a 5ton wrecker, and hopefully some armour either tracked or wheeled. wouldnt mind getting a hemtt at some point.
    Starlight another member * based primarely out of florida* has a cottage up the road from me. and i know hteres a couple of other members around that share the snow belt with us
    Maritimer
    Yarmouth, NS, Canada
    M1009
    Hopefully more to come
    looking at aquriing a BTR-60PB any tips or pointers etc would be appreciated

Colonel
    Thanks

There are a few of us. Just do a search and I am sure a lot of info will pop up on where we are and what we got

Thanks

Default Canadian MV owners ..........

Good morning guys, greetings from the west side of Canada !

Well seems the MV thing up north of the 49th is a bit slow, too bad as I think were all missing out seems Canada has forgotten we too have and have had a great military history and saving this equipment should be parimount but it seems this is not the case as of yet, not much CDN equipment falls into the publics hands it seems BUT even the US equipment is way cool and it is up here as well so thats good as really its the equipment that facinates me
    Im hoping by next summer some kind of green or brown iron will be in the yard and I too can join the ranks.

I dont have a MV yet but working on it, there seems to be interest so hopfully as we all get the word out and more people inc here on SS in the US allow us to help spread the SS word, green iron is green iron from Deuce to Iltis to CUCV they are all MV in my book.

Well if any of you CDN guys wanna yak PM me, would like to hear about your equipment.

CanadaDeuce

Thanks

I have really been getting into the MV restoring scene, My first purchase though is in the process and it's a Canadian 1955 Dodge M152 military panel utility truck 4x4 Power Wagon M37. It needs a full restore and the back utillity section has been removed and thrown away so I will have to find the parts or rebuild from new material. Getting it home is a big issue too, as it is in Alberta and I'm in Ontario. Within the next couple years I am going to be ready to locate a British Chieftain MBT or maybe I will get lucky and the Canadian military might start to unload the aging Leopard C1's, wishful thinking though!! I know there is a fellow in Alberta that s owns a Chieftain and I spoke with him on the phone about his and it only got me that much more excited to get one!!
    Well time will tell but us boys have to have our toys!!!

Thanks

All

I just wish the Forces would unload those Deuce trucks, Ive been lookin all over and cant find a one up for auction anywhere, surely the replacments must be here or comming soon .......... only real difference in the CDN and US version is the single brake system and they have detroit diesels instead of Multi and the auto trans, well maybe one day they will show up for sale , but knowing the way things are done up here they will sell them off to another far away country and the average CDN will never see them .

CanadaDeuce

Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbsMcGee View Post
    I have really been getting into the MV restoring scene, My first purchase though is in the process and it's a Canadian 1955 Dodge M152 military panel utility truck 4x4 Power Wagon M37. It needs a full restore and the back utillity section has been removed and thrown away so I will have to find the parts or rebuild from new material. Getting it home is a big issue too, as it is in Alberta and I'm in Ontario. Within the next couple years I am going to be ready to locate a British Chieftain MBT or maybe I will get lucky and the Canadian military might start to unload the aging Leopard C1's, wishful thinking though!! I know there is a fellow in Alberta that s owns a Chieftain and I spoke with him on the phone about his and it only got me that much more excited to get one!!
    Well time will tell but us boys have to have our toys!!!
    Several C1's were auctioned years ago. I know there are a few people with them, but the military ripped the turrent's off and only sold the lower hulls. And unless you are ready to dump $50-60K, good luck in scoring one, and that is just for the lower hull.

I have seen a few chieftains for sale. One was on ebay about 4 years ago and sold pretty cheap (around $18K I believe). But unless it is in Canada, you will probably have a hard time importing a tank unless it comes with an official certificate from the military saying the gun has been properly de-milled. Without the certificate they will not let you import it what so ever, even with the breach cut apart, they want an official certificate from the military that sent it to surplus and nothing else.

Tanks are cool, and I would love to have one myself, but you also realize that you need something to transport them with and a place to store/play with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaDeuce View Post
    All

I just wish the Forces would unload those Deuce trucks, Ive been lookin all over and cant find a one up for auction anywhere, surely the replacments must be here or comming soon .......... only real difference in the CDN and US version is the single brake system and they have detroit diesels instead of Multi and the auto trans, well maybe one day they will show up for sale , but knowing the way things are done up here they will sell them off to another far away country and the average CDN will never see them .

CanadaDeuce
    Ummm, they have started auctioning them, I have two in my yard. You must have missed a few threads here where we talked about them:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=28403

There have only been 3 auctions of MLVW's that I know of. One in the Quebec City area, but those were all bought by a company who scrapped the trucks because they only wanted the differentials. There was another in the Montreal area, and one in the NL area.

And no, the replacement have not been selected yet. They are being replaced by the MSVS Medium Support Vehicle System), but they have yet to choose the design and company who will produce them.
    Last edited by m109guy; 09-24-2009 at 21:03.

Sergeant
    Thanks

im in Toronto.
    dont own any MV's but wish I did .

Thanks

How come you dont have a Iltis in your roster ? LOL

CanadaDeuce

Colonel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaDeuce View Post
    How come you dont have a Iltis in your roster ? LOL

CanadaDeuce
    If you are talking about me, I do. As it says in the sig line:

etc, etc....
    Full list of vehicles on my website:
    http://www.militarytrucks.ca/

Or for a direct link, you can go to http://www.militarytrucks.ca/ourfleet.htm

Use to have three, but got rid of two of them to make space for more deuces. Iltis are neat, but deuces are better
    Last edited by m109guy; 09-24-2009 at 21:03.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast