• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternate super rope suppliers

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey gang,

I know GMA has super rope but I don't need 500 feet. I've heard that Mcmaster has it and am assuming it's the 5/16 dia Polyurethane P/N 3961T3. Does anyone else have smaller quantities? I'm looking for about 15-20 feet.

Could someone confirm the Mcmaster stuff is exactly the same? GMA's price for super rope is $150.00 that's $.30 per foot...pretty reasonable...I just don't need that much.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought 100 ft from McMaster Carr. It is not exactly the same as the super rope that came on my truck. It has a slightly different finish on it. The super rope has a glossy look to it and the McMaster Carr material is less glossy and stretches better.

I changed all the ropes on my Deuce cover and have lots left over. If I remember correctly, it was around $40 for 100 ft.

PM me if you want some.

ClockworkSkin

McMaster has EPDM and Poly cord but I am unsure of the difference. In another thread someone suggested search for EPDM cord.

Can anyone tell me if I need the more expensive Poly cord or I can get away with EPDM? Thank you.

hwcurtice

Is this the stuff for tying down the covers?

If so, I sure could use some for my trailer cover.

Although, I'm thinking of using bungie cords instead...

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
EPDM is what I got from McMaster-Carr for my 923A2. Looks and feels the same as any other super rope I've had (of course most of that was old and brittle while this is new and stretchy). Can't remember but seems like it was around .50 a foot.

Amer-team

I went to the local Semi Truck store and bought the 10 feet that I needed to replace for 3 bucks. This amount replaced three bad spots that I had on the M923 cargo cover. It was just a shade larger diameter than original, so waxed the holes in the top and it went in like a champ.

Stranger

They aren't OEM but I have used these.

Google the following:

FMS Small Shock/Bungee Cord Hook Closed

or

Secure It Quick Bungee Cord Hook

The first couple links are where you want to go on each. You can get them from Amazon or pebay. The FMS has a more original look.

Eliteweapons

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know of a source for the clips on the end of the super rope? I'm working on an lmtv cover

I found it at Mcmaster-Carr and bought 100 ft of it. I also use it for bungee cords as well. They have different types of ends for and I bought them too.
Product Detail
EPDM Rubber Cord, 5/16" Diameter

5/16"Black3937T32cord

Hook for Elastic Cord, Adjustable Nylon, for 5/16" & 3/8" Diameter

5/16", 3/8"7/8"103862T2

Sorry I couldn't copy out the part numbers very well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks