• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are all Deuces Multifuel?

SasquatchSanta

As Ronald Reagan would say, "Here we go again!"

My FDC is bypassed and my deuce will run on everything from gasoline to motor oil to reindeer droppings! --- No problem.

I think I'm going to put an FDC on my television so I can run it on propane. I've always wanted a propane TV. :roll:

:deadhorse:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:funny: Sure would be a bummer to run out of propane just before the end of Oprah! How many hours/gal does your TV get?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.............................................my deuce will run on everything from gasoline to motor oil to reindeer droppings! --- No problem. ......................................
rofl

Just some technical Qs:
1) How high do you run the temp in your philosophic bio-digester and academic pre-heater to have those droppings converted to bio-gas?
2) How do you get it all liquefied? Do you mix it with any liquid animal waste?
3)What size and material did you choose for the fuel lines?
4) Would fresh soft cow droppings give you any advantage regarding fuel mileage?
5)......
6)......

No problem if you don't know, we can always ask another member here for advice....

rofl

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Direct injection engines generally do not use a precup, indirect injection engines do! Precups are in the heads and not the pistons. It's hard to inject partially atomized fuel into a precup in the head. You can run any multifuel on gasoline without the FDC in place. You can't run the other diesels on gas. You can argue all you want, but you can't dispute the facts. You seem to forget that the engineers designed it this way regardless of how you want on interpret it. As the enigneers have pointed out, straight gas is an emergency fuel but it will run on it. Try that with a 6.2 or a DT or a B series, it's not going to run. As far as the D on the names, it is a diesel, just capable of use on multi fuels.
You can run a diesel engine on Gasoline... It's been done, I know I did once with a Kubota... Direct Injection Engine.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doc, you are going to have to get a dyno, moving down road at 60 MPH is not empirical evidence.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a dyno? I like empirical evidence...

Empirical evidence, would mean, evidence based on experience or observation. That is what he gave you.

How many Multi Fuel powered MVs do you own?

Last edited:

grounded

Banned
Do you have a dyno? I like empirical evidence...

:funny: best part is this comes from someone that seems to make up statistics as he goes. BUT yet guys that are highly respected like KENNY and them get called liars.

i just wanta see where your evidence is also cause we all here like to have "empirical evidence" also. ;-)

SasquatchSanta

swampperman wrote:

Only on male, female droppings do not produce enough methane I thought everybody knew this.
Sorry swampperman --- I gotta get on top of my game :-D

rofl

Bottleworks wrote:

Your going to need one of those new converter boxes. I believe there is a plate on the back that you remove and can install the FDC directly on the box.
Thanks for the heads up on this BW. When Rudolph is around I can probably run my TV on methane. In fact Rudolph said we should install an FDC on this thread. He said it would be a good source of methane --- only he didn't call it methane :-D

Also --- I'm confused! I thought an empirical was a car. My grandad had one back in the early 60s. It was build by Chrysler. It's hard to keep up with things when you live in the woods like I do. :|

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Santa, I'm guessing your Grandad had something like this.

1966 was the only year ,with the option code *FDC-mf-BS* availible. It would run on almost anything!

Attachments

Last edited:

TenTires

Now while I am not going to vie for either side of this argument (simply because its pointless now) I love how some of you guys will fall right in line with whatever some folks say. Just because somebody has been around a while and just because someone is "well respected" doesnt mean they know everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks