• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy with lots of Deuce questions

scooter01922

Yeah burt...although its looking like its gonna be the scoot burto maxi meet if we keep getting new guys at this rate :)
I'll save ya some trouble fabiodriven....that link will be dead this time tomorrow so if you haven't already done it SAVE all the pics to your computer so you can bring them with you at pickup to make sure they didn't screw something up. Wrong truck ect....... For anyone seeing this link after tomorrow here are a few of the pics....:-D If you can't find anyone else to help you i could be in the mood for a trip to NY to assist with recovery duties.

Attachments

scooter01922

oh yeah by the way.......great looking truck you got there. Last time i saw the prices was earlier in the afternoon but unless they shot up a ton you didn't do too bad.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By the way, my auction ends in 30 minutes and I'm still the high bidder! If I win I gotta go to Fort Drum NY to pick 'er up. I've got an '02 KW with a Landoll trailer. You guys think I'll have to take the top off the deuce and put the windshield down for height? (If I win!)
No. In the pic the top of the stack on the front truck is right at 13' 6" but it's up on the neck. I've hauled dueces with cargo cover in the flat with no problem either.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
is that a landoll trailer?
It's accually a Trail King but operates like a Landoll. Only difference is the bed raises right behind the neck and becomes even with the neck in the up position. Unlike the Landoll where the neck and all raises when it tilts.

fabiodriven

So i haven't yet even gotten my Deuce and I'm already thinking about what to do with it...

I think I'd like the selectable from axle (air I guess). What are the chances mine already has it? In the auction it said something about the 6x6 being "automatic", so I'm assuming it's a standard sprague setup. Where can I get the air t-case and hardware to hook it up and how much does it cost?

You guys put lockers in the diffs too? How hard is that to do and about how much $? Do the lockers effect street manners?

scooter01922

look very closely at the pic of the interior. You will note 2 panels than hang below the dash. The one closest to the drivers seat is the heater controls and the other smaller one that's farther away and a bit hard to see is the switch for the t case.

kc5mzd

The auction info had the vin# in it. Isn't there a guy around here that can tell if it is a whistler turbo from the vin?
Nice truck!

kc5mzd

I don't know how to put links in a message. There is a thread. The guy's name is CARNAC. Do a search for " VIN info ". The thread says "VIN Info-'You may fire when ready, Gridley". I am not sure how much info he can give you on your truck. You could PM him and see...

scooter01922

Nope, sorry the VIN won't help you there. Pretty much any turbo can end up an any engine. Its an easy swap if you have a d which you probably do.

cmw

Hi,

Another brand new Mass guy here, currently in central NY.

I'm looking at Ft Drum listings recently and thinking about heading over there for a "preview" if that's practical due to what looked like "appointment required, no weekends" restrictions.

Anyone been there recently?

Would love to meet up with someone doing recovery in the near future to lend a hand if our schedules match.

Thanks

fabiodriven

I should be going over there in the next couple weeks for mine. I'm not sure how it works down there, but More than likely it's gonna be my boss and myself in the KW so we'de be at maximum capacity.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks