• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Head gasket problem...Perhaps not

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wonder what they define as "a short time"....................5 minutes, 10 minutes, operating temp, etc..........

bottleworks

It talks of water, not oil. I have a small amount of oil leakage from the front head...Also on the right side. Does oil count as normal too? I know just about everyone has some oil leakage, but does the Army consider it normal? Why does this engine need the vents?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gaskets I just took off were the multi piece type. There are only holes in the gasket for oil and coolant passages. The new style, one piece gaskets are like a Fel Pro head gasket for a BB Chevy..only blackish, not blue. They have a perma seal strip around the push tube cavities and grommets made into the gasket for all of the oil/coolant passages. As soon as I lifted the head off the studs, oil ran out of the gasket area, right where the oil leak I had was. The deck was clean around both of the oil passages feeding the heads indicating that the leak had been there a while. I think the older, multi piece gaskets are prone to leak by design...no grommets around the pressured passages. I also had the little tssst,tssst, tssst compression leak at the #1 cylinder "fire ring vent". It never went away and the oil leak was getting worse the more I drove it. Hopefully it will be fixed now. I'll find out tomorrow!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks