• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton finally got a bed

davesgmc

Finally got a bed for the 5 ton. i will chop 20 inches off the rear frame and mount it just about where it is in the pictures. the cab will go to the bed and be a 4 door cab, that will go on later this week or next week. wanted to put the bed all the way at the back of the frame, but it jut looks to silly with it sitting way back there.

Attachments

pa.rich

Nows your chance for more legroom and belly room. No insult intended. You also could mount a spare tire rack/ toolbox combo behind that quad cab. Send us pics of the new expanded cab, I would really like to see that. Thanks and good luck, Rich.

davesgmc

I am in kansas city, ks near the ks speedway. After i get it done i will post picutres. you any anyone else is more than welcome to come out and see it and take it for a drive if you would like.

davesgmc

I have seen several different variations on 4 door cabs on deuces, 5 tons, etc. Actually yours is one that inspired me to build this truck i am doing now. The goal is to keep it as military looking as possible. If the military were to build a truck like this, this is what they would build. I am doing a bit of a different variation as it will be a soft top. ALL military truck should be soft top as far as i am concerned. the cab will also be extended back about 6 feet. this will allow a rear seat that folds down into a bed so i can sleep in the truck. The front seats ill be moved back about 2-3 inches to allow more belly room. Other mods will include a hidden quiet generator that will run things such as the hidden in cab a/c unit, lights etc. Hopefully I will get it finished real soon as I have a lot of events coming up I want to take it to.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Dave I think I have several of the Front ( headache) part of the duce cargo bed set-ups down at the barn. Dave C

davesgmc

Dave, let me know when your gonna be home, i ill come down and get em. open the barn up and see what other money i can spend too. a couple more sleeping mats maybe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks