• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here we go long distance deuce recovery

usmc deuce cpl

It looks like i might be leaving in the next couple days for my deuce recovery. I Asked wreckerman893 to pick it up from redstone. He made pickup today and reported back. It sounds like i got a good truck, once in a while I get lucky. HAHA I will be posting my return route looking for contacts incase of problems. I am hoping that the trip is uneventful. This will be an epic trip i think. I will keep you posted with pics and progress.
Alabama to Seattle, Wa. wish me luck.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you come thru Oklahoma City and need help let me know. Good luck on the trip.

Take lots of pics.

Warthog

srodocker

wow nice pickup! how long do you think its going to take you?

i live in Olympia and i've seen so many deuces on the east coast and not many over here

usmc deuce cpl

It could be, I don't know. I am pretty new also. I have heard of some 1300 mi recoveries but not 2600 mi ones. I have had some help from wreckerman893 so i have a leg up on the condition of truck before i have to leave for trip.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's about a 5000 mi round trip

Wow, You'll spend more on fuel than you did on the truck. And here I was not wanting to drive a puny 2000 miles to get one of the 50 Camp Dodge, IA trucks.

Good luck!

usmc deuce cpl

I plan on driving my jeep to Alabama and driving deuce back. I will either tow jeep back or load in the back. I decided to do it this way so i can make an emergency run to get parts or whatever. I figure that it will take 3.5 to 4 days to drive out and 5 to 6 days to drive back, barring any unforeseen problems.

srodocker

wow thats a big round trip...good luck on that one and dont forget the extra batteries! and also if you load it in the back of the deuce and need emergency something...uhm how you going to get it out?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, you got guts. Three hours in a deuce and I'm like "get me outta this seat!". Good luck with your trip, take lots of pics.

scottc

I was considering driving mine back to florida from redstone. About a 650 mile trip. Has me a little nervous . Good luck, I hope all goes well. All those hours in a duece may be a life changing experience.

2027Deuce

Remember hearing protection, I said "REMEMBER HEARING PROTECTION" so everyone doesn't have to yell at ya. Good luck devil dog and if you get near eastern Nebraska needing help give a shout out.

spentshell

Man I wish you luck, that is going to be a great adventure. Make sure you bring a pillow or extra cushion for the seat or your going to need hemroid cream when you get home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks