• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Richmond Wrecker Recovery Tommorow

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Hey guys, I am headed to Richmond tommorow to pick up my wrecker. I dont know what to expect of the truck. If it does start and run , I am going to drive it home.If for some reason I have to leave it somewhere or it breaks down, does anyone live between Richmond and Delta,Pa. I will traveling I-95.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Us and transfer casesPDATE...Left at 4am.arrived at richmond at 8am.Found truck all fluids had been drained.I brought 5 gals oil and batteries with me,along with fuel,misc. Good thing I brought 4 batteries with me.Fueled up truck ,had to go get more antifreeze,oil,steering fluid.Fillled up engine,filled master cylinder,bled brakes,some air lines were unhooked.Fixed them,after 4 hours of a parking lot rebuild ,she fired up.Went to check trans and rears,and transfer case,everything was drained......Brakes were spongy,and didnt have enough gear oil with me. So I drove it a half mile off base to a auto parts store and called for a lowboy.So here we sit for 4-5 hours waiting.It gave me a chance to get aquinted with the truck. It is in excellent shape ,no rust or dents. I am very happy so far,even though it is going to cost a $1000.00 to get trucked home. Will post pics later , I probably wont get home till 10 pm....

jmh4x4

Thats a pain, at least you got to make arrangements before getting on 95, can't imagine what a tow bill from the side of 95 would mount up to be. Good luck on the rest of your trip.

DieselBob

It is in excellent shape ,no rust or dents. I am very happy so far,even though it is going to cost a $1000.00 to get trucked home. Will post pics later , I probably wont get home till 10 pm....
Nice to hear it's in good shape and fired ok. Kinda stinks they drained everything and the extra expense.

powerhouseduece

Not trying to hijack, but I was at Ft. Meade Wednesday (today) from 10 to 12 previewing. Were you picking up or previewing?

I dont think that he went, I was suppouse to go with him and he said that he wasent going to go. How come you dident call? I still got you boxes at my shop.

And good job on the wrecker john, I guess she is a keeper!

Last edited:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dm22630.....see what you have to look forward to?? I have never seen anything "complete" come out of Richmond. Good luck with your fleet purchase.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks