• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thoughts on brakes and new deuces!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems like the most prevalent problem with getting a new deuce is brakes. For some reason or another that always seems to be a problem. I've been fooling around with the home made power bleeeder for a while and some thoughts have come to mind. Mastercylinders can be ruined by stomping on it to see if a vehicle has brakes. If it's lost its fluid for some odd reason, you may score the seals pushing them into an area of the bore that they've never been. Now considering the minimal investment in this bleeder, I just can't imagine bringing it with me on every deuce adventure. Imagine you pull up at the GL Yard (canabalizition point). You trudge out to your new deuce. Open the floor, check and fill the brake fluid and attach the bleeder. A few pumps and you're doing your brakes! 15 minutes and you've got the security of knowing things are topped off. The bleeder is surely going to the top of my list of pickup goodies!

Clem1226

have you posted specifics on how you built your power bleeder?

nevermind, I did a search and found it.....BTW design is elegantally simple!! gotta love simple inteligent engineering.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks