• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spin on secodary fuel filters

nickd

I installed a set of the spin on fuel filter adapters on the deuce from John Tennis. It is a quick and easy bolt on installation once the old canisters and gaskets are removed. coupled with the primary spin on fuel/water separating filter I am sure the fuel delivery is squeaky clean.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a use for the old canisters?

Range target?

dabtl

I put the old canisters into the city recycle box. There were no tears when the city took them away. I kept the drain valves for future use.

Massm35a2

I'm thinking of putting a NAPA 3626 as my final filter 2 micron, I was looking at the gasket dimentions last night, and it should fit on the adaptor just fine, I am putting a Racor 490R 10 micron as my primary. The 3336 6 micron as my secondary. I run clean fuel from mobil all the time so it should not clog up too fast, I will carry a spair of each just in case.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The final fuel filter operates with a pressure of 50 to 60 psi, I would suggest that you get some pressure vs flow filter performance data before replacing it.

dabtl

The final fuel filter operates with a pressure of 50 to 60 psi, I would suggest that you get some pressure vs flow filter performance data before replacing it.
My thoughts exactly. I think John Tennis has done a lot of homework on this before it was released.

But, if it works, why not? If it does not work, I believe I will pass on it.;-)

Massm35a2

Here is all I could find, It is also a big filter about same size as 3336

Part Number:3626UPC Number:765809174719Principal Application:Caterpillar 3116, 3126, 3126B & 3126E EnginesStyle:Spin-On Fuel FilterService:FuelMedia:PaperHeight:7.090Outer Diameter Top:3.180 Outer Diameter Bottom:Closed Thread Size:7/8-14Burst Pressure-PSI:440Nominal Micro Rating:2

Part Number:3336UPC Number:765809152274Principal Application:Agco, IHC, Case, Galion, Hercules, Komatsu, Thermo King (Secondary) (6 Micron)Style:Spin-On Fuel FilterService:FuelMedia:PaperHeight:7.827Outer Diameter Top:3.698 Outer Diameter Bottom:Closed Thread Size:7/8-14Burst Pressure-PSI:270Nominal Micro Rating:6
Gasket DiametersNumberO.D.I.D.Thk.Attached 2.729 2.415 0.255

dm22630

Are you talking about the old filter housings?

Why dont you save them? That way when/if you sell your truck, you can reinstall the old ones & save the spin-on filters for another truck in the future/sell them??

2cents

If you are talking about used filters....I guess do what the others here have posted....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks