• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3053a trany pto

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't hink you will find one. There were 2 PTOs available for the 3052 and 3053A and both were standard SAE 6 bolt PTOs. The regular winch one has the front output and the one for the dump truck has a second rear facing output shaft with a second engagement point. As a point of reference, the deuce tippers (M342A2 and the like) all have the second described PTO. These PTOs still have the front output shaft and all thats needed to operate a front winch is the shifter, linkage and driveshaft assuming you have the winch stuff. If you need 100% engine power to the rear via PTO and you're working with a deuce, there's a transfer case PTO. It bolts to the rear of the sprag or air shift case and gives you a selection of 5 gears one direction and and reverse. I have one thats going to be coming up for sale here shortly once its removed and checked out.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, need to add your location to the profile or your signature, its a forum requirement.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heavy? Do you mean heavy duty? What do you want it for? What's wrong with the std. front plus rear output PTO (model WND-7-28 ) for the Deuce trannys? It should be strong enough to move any hydraulic pump or similar equipment for a dumper or crane at engine rpm plus 10%, same rotation. According to the manual both models WN-7-28 and WND-7-28 are heavy duty units which can deliver up to 27 hp at 1000 rpm.

For your info. Deuces and 5-tons share the same rear output shaft housing, 7/8" shaft and inner parts on their PTO's. The 5 ton version is mounted on the passenger side and has a different input gear mesh and longer front output shaft but most other parts are interchangeable and housings are equally strong .

Hope this helps.

Gerhard

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
if you mount the transfer pto , BESURE to also have the oiling setup to lube the the transfer or it will suffer from a major non lube issue, this goes both for the deuce and the 5t, the tm 10s have a BIG warning about running the transfer in neutral, it is to be run in neutral ONLY if the transfer pto is engaged, thats because of the oiling setup so the transfer does NOT get fried

ylecyote

That helps some yes.

I need about 80hp for a Feed Processor that runs at 540rpm. usually use a 1.25 output shaft but are there any torque ratings to go with that hp rating. Its possible that at 110% I might be be within the torque ratings before gear reduction. (250 lb/ft of would probably cover it)

Thanks

gringeltaube said:
Heavy? Do you mean heavy duty? What do you want it for?What’s wrong with the std. front plus rear output PTO (model WND-7-28) for the deuce trannys? It should be strong enough to move any hydraulic pump or similar equipment for a dumper or crane at engine rpm plus 10%, same rotation. According to the manual both models WN-7-28 and WND-7-28 are heavy duty units which can deliver up to 27 hp at 1000 rpm.
For your info. deuces and 5 tons share the same rear output shaft housing, 7/8” shaft and inner parts on their PTOs. The 5 ton version is mounted on the passenger side and has a different input gear mesh and longer front output shaft but most other parts are interchangeable and housings are equally strong .

Hope this helps.

Gerhard

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forget the transmission PTOs for that much load. The only way to go is with the transfer case PTO. Here are the specs:

5-25. Data.

National stock number.............2520-00-229-5673
Ordnance number..................................11609228
Model........................................................P-136-C
Speeds............One (variable with engine rpm and
transmission gear selection)
Drive.........................................................Transfer
Output shaft.......................Tapered 1 ½ in. to 1 in.
Bearing:
Output shaft...................................Two roller type
Horsepower delivered..............Same as engine HP

Good luck!

Gerhard

ylecyote

Transfer ptp womt work. Have to have constant pto speed in defferent forward speeds. After doing some math that pto might not be too far from working. I cant find any specs on the PTOs do you have any?

ptos are usually rated by torque but if I figure your 27 hp at 1000 rpm backwards I end up with 141 ft lbs torque.

27hp = 141 ftlbs torque at 1000 rpm
engine rpm 2000
pto rpm 2200 if the output speed is 110%

141 ftlbs at 2200 rpm = 59 hp

not so far off especially if that is constant and not a intermitent or peak torque rating.

80 HP would exert 191 ft lbs of torque.

I think my math is correct on this but I would sure like to see some specs on the pto if anybody has them.

Thanks again

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Attached are the only specs I could find in the manuals. No torque indications anywhere! You will have to replace input gear needle bearings, shaft and other parts frecuently if constant duty is what you need.

Hope this helps.

Gerhard

Attachments

ylecyote

Gerhard

What publication is this stuff in? tried to find it with no luck to look at the rest of the chapter.

How do we know the high side is 110%

I didnt know the forward shaft is 1.25" could it be reversed in the case?

This pto wont run that hard constantly in fact 95% of the time it will be at less than 1/2 of capacity but it has to handle the torque of the starts and the tough spots.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it!

Kelly

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kelly

you'll find this in the TM9-2520-246-34, pages 101 to 122.

Sorry, 110% came straight out of my memory but to quick! Since I wasn't totally sure I counted all teeth again: for the 3053A it's 29/42, 24/27, 27/25, 25/17, so 800 engine rpm convert to 780 PTO rear output rpm. That actually is 98%, not 110%!
(for the 3052 it's only 65%)

I don't think so. Even if possible torque is still limited by the size of the gears and the strenght of the housing.

Trial and error! Let me know if and how it works.

Gerhard

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks