• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395s WILL fit on a stock Deuce!!!

100dollarman

I know there has been several threads on whether 395/85-r20s will fit the axle spacing or not, and if the tire can be installed on a stock wheel. On this set, I used the stock 9.00 tubes. Several sets we have done since, I have installed new 11.00 or 13.00 tubes.

Answer is YES on both questions!!! LOL Just did this one today-- its a Beast!

There are opinions that say you cant do it, some will say its not a good idea, but I am here to say that it is possible, and it looks baddass!:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

(six smilies for 6 wheels!)

Here are a few pics---

Attachments

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are big! Musta been easy to get the tubes and flaps in them ;-)
You goin' to Fontana the 3rd?

avengeusa

got pics from the rear?

I like the look of the wheels, how the hubs and wheels are not flipped, the dished look is cool

grounded

Banned
Was at Gimpys Tuesday and seen his truck as he is doing the same thing. NEEDLESS to say I also had a friend with me and he was already debatting a deuce. BUT once we left gimpys i was told to find a deuce and buy one. ;) He bought one today and is already placing a order for tires rofl

These trucks just look nice with them on them.

IHASFIP

I wish I could find some of those semi local to me. It seems like when I find them they want an arm and a leg for them.

D

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Haha! Yeah, I am one axle ahead of you. On my trip to get mine, I had a wheel bearing disintegrate, so I went through my front axle last week and the "front rear" today. I will be going through the last one tomorrow and then I hope to install a new fuel line and radiator. Then its off to the races! Hows you truck feel power wise after the swap? I'm hoping my LDS will not notice them too much. Looks good man, Mine is a drop side winch truc too.

tory

does anyone have any oppinions about the mich. ZXLs, or any of the other massive tires ? actuall offroading ability, street noise, out of round-ness ? likes, disslikes ? and how big can the front tires be before you can't turn the truck, when does tire rub start ?

DMgunn

Wow. That looks awful sexy - can you report back after you've had the truck up to highway speeds to let us know if the rears grow enough to contact each other?

Now where's that "thumbs-up" smiley............

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks