• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

West Central Fl Trip

dc3coyote

I am planning a trip to Richloam this weekend Aug 7,8,9. I would like to make/ start mapping out Richloam using a GPS. This may take severaly days since Richloam is a HUGE area, and knowing me we will also wind up in the Green Swamp as well. I know there are a few people in the area who want to go. If theres no interest I will still be going locally, just a few miles from my house.
Branan 727 967 8142

Last edited:

sak00

richloam trip

Bad weekend for me. The wife has us booked all weekend. We had a heck of a strom up here yesterday, so there should be lots of water standing in the low spots. It looks like we're going to get some more today. Ought to be a great trip. Let me know how it goes.

tjcouch

I'll be in Datona at Jeep Beach - but have a blast - we are finally getting some rain!

Richloam got an inch yesterday!

I plan on going on 5/23 though!

dc3coyote

I think I can talk my other buddies into going then as well. I know they have been wanting to take their dueces out and see what they can do. As well as some camping.

tjcouch

Cool - folks from my 4x4 club are going too (Suncoast Flatlanders) and the Lakeland Jeep Club has shown interest.

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey, why didn't I hear about this!

I'd love to come as long as my new accelerator pump comes tomorrow! Its still scheduled for tomorrow! So probably count me in.

When/Where? Any more info? Never been to Richloam.

I'd prefer Sunday if there's still a choice, lol.

Last edited:

Pinz25086

Richloam is off SR 50 south of Webster. I have not been out there in a deuce but it is a great place for a Pinz. I would love to go but have other commitments for the weekend. It is well worth the trip!

Branan - Did you get your shovel back for the Pinz?

Wayne

SixSpeed

Banned
Anyone have an address? I am a Google Maps-Whore

The Unimog is somewhere in between a Deuce & a Pinzgauer...so I should be alright....maybe.

dc3coyote

No I think Mike is holding my shovel ransom...
The Duece trip will be next weekend.
This weekend is only playing in a pit my buddy told me about. He wants to show me how is jeep is better than a Pinz. Plus I plan to give Brittany "Mouse" some wheel time.
Richloam is at Sr 50 in Clermont. The best place I know to enter is at the Bass conservation place.
Branan
727 967 8142

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey, I don't think I am going to make it.

Someone in an F250 kindly totaled my 540i for me today, so I am pretty sore and the Unimog isn't exactly driver friendly.

tjcouch

Plans are starting to coalesce . . but nothing hard yet . . . . we will be meeting somewhere, at some time in the morning and riding in Richloam. :-D

I am starting to apply a little bit of Presidential pressure on the organizer.

Should have an answer with details later today.

tjcouch

OK we have a plan: I, the Suncost Flatlanders (10+Jeeps) and the Lakeland Jeep Club are all meeting at 10:00 AM at the Ranger Check Station/ Fish Hatchery, 471 and North Grade Road.

Hope to see some green iron too!

tjcouch

A 08:40 departure from the rest stop on I 75 ( mm 278 )

I'll be taking a slightly slower route with my truck that avoids much of the interstate.. it adds about 20 - 25 minutes to the trip . . . . but is a much more pleasant trip for me.
(54 through Zephyrhills to 98, to 471, to the Check / Ranger Station at 471 and North Grade Road.)

My intended route -

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=I-75+N&daddr=FL-54%2FState+Rd+54+to:28.232566,-82.246828+to:FL-471%2FState+Rd+471+to:County+Rd-788&hl=en&geocode=FZaSrgEdNigX-w%3BFUKargEdxK8Y-w%3B%3BFfNssAEdSu4b-w%3BFXSWsgEdvfwb-w&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=2&sz=14&via=1,2,3&sll=28.223643,-82.226915&sspn=0.042653,0.073557&ie=UTF8&ll=28.245496,-82.164345&spn=0.170578,0.294228&z=12