• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jayne gets some mods prior to Aberdeen

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't have a lot of time to post threads prior to the show at Aberdeen, I was struggling to get my truck back together in order to drive up. However, I wanted to share some of the mods I made on Jayne before the trip.

1. Mounted convoy lights.
2. Installed dual rifle mounts on the passenger side floor and dash.
3. New dash decals and some data plates.
4. Custom aluminum header board to mount the VIC-1 intercom system on. I still need to get the correct cable lengths for the completion, as well as make some mods to the connector angle to allow for cable installation. A couple of the cable connectors on the boxes are turned facing the header board, and can't hook the cables up without hitting the board.
5. Installed a Hadley 29" air horn off of a Peterbilt truck, as well as building a custom mount and pull handle, using aluminum plate and a rubber handled hitch pin. Sounds REAL nice, plus I didn't have to take out the stock horn to do it.
6. Made some fix-its to the hood blocks and windshield hold-downs.
7. Built custom bases for the HEMTT seats, as well as doing a complete re-covering of the seats with 4" thick memory foam and pup tent canvas. I will have to play with it a little more, the seat padding is great, but I have to take some out of the driver's side, as it makes me sit too close to the steering wheel. No problem with the steering wheel on my chest, however the legroom sucks and it makes for cramped shifting.
8. Repainted inside of cab, with Krylon camo spray paint. Look good to me.
9. Installed canvas shift boots on tranny and transfer case handles.
10. Removed windshield washer system, it never worked right and I don't use it.
11. Removed heater assembly, too warm in Virginia to ever need it. Even in January.
12. Installed ether start bottle, was missing from kit.
13. Made some wiring modifications to the front headlights, the wires looked like a rat's nest and I shortened some LONG lengths that didn't need to be there, braided some together with nylon zip ties, etc.
14. Stripped and re-painted the pioneer tools, they were looking pretty crappy from 1 year outside on the truck.
15. Made some repairs to the copper air lines on the deuce, along with wiring harnesses, that had become loose and un-supported on the frame rails.
16. Replaced stock plastic taillights with newer metal housings that won't crack when off-roading.

Hope you enjoy the pics....got lots more to do PM wise before the long trip to Haspin in 2 weeks....

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great MD!

I've got a Looonnng way to go before my 109 is ready for Haspin...

Need to put the driver door back on, get glass replaced on driver window, change a few tires, PM everything, change oil, finish installing VIC-1 kit, clean out box so I can sleep in it, load either the 1008 or the 105 (haven't decided which to tow up) with my WMO/WVO and water tanks. But at least I know what needs to be done!

And if I don't get the alternator problem fixed, I guess I will just be driving the 1008. :cry:

I was hoping to paint my cab before Haspin- not happening now. But yours looks great! I'll be doing mine soon enough.

The truck came with a dieing water buffalo electric horn, so I installed a nice single note boat horn I had NOS. I need my camera cable!!! aua

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro - you'll have a lot of fun at Haspin, even with only a M1008. In fact, you may have more fun, since you can hit some smaller trails and you won't die of exhaustion on the long trip there.

Up for Jayne in the next week or so:

1. Change rear air system to newer air valve design and install a quick-disconnect for the attachment of air tools.
2. Replace leaky front oil seal and front knuckle boot.
3. Install battery disconnect for anti-theft device.
4. Wire rear license plate light.
5. Take all the heavy crap and 20+ towbars outta the bed for the trip so my deuce can actually pull the hills on the way to Haspin without dropping to 4th gear. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks