• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Gathering--A Gun Truck & Transportation reunion

Driver523

Here's some info on this years Gathering, you need not be in or have been in the military to attend, If you would like to see some gun truck replicas and meet some of the men that manned them all you need do is show up, also if you would like to bring your MV there will be a bunch of vets that would love to see what you have---sooooo--any and all are invited----any questions just let me know-------Driver

Well here we go again gang, negotiations are complete---Its time to start working on Gathering VII 2009---and I'm convinced that again it will , here is the info on lodging at the Twin Mountain Properties, Please read and if you have any questions post right here or email me at Driver523rd@Aol.Com Remember----always let them know when making your registrations that your with the Gathering (to get our discounted rate) We have some rooms reserved already--The web site is http://www.twinmountainproperties.com/ ------Hope to see ya all there.

The Gathering VII-2009 will be held in Pigeon Forge TN. Aug. 4th through the 8th with check-out on the 9th, the Gun Trucks will be staged across the street as before if that area is still available, and the gathering area will be in the grassy area on the corner as before.

The standard room is $59.95 weekly and $69.95 weekends and condos are $74.95 weekly and $84.95 weekends with 11.75% tax--they gave us the same rate as last year. The first nights deposit will be due when you register (checks must be in 45 days prior to check in)---Cancellation/Modification Policy--Cancellations/Modifications received 7 days or more prior to check in will receive a full refund but they MAY enforce their $25.00 per room reserved deposit is non-refundable clause--Cancellations received less than 7 days and up to 48 hours prior to check in will receive a 50% refund or you may opt to retain your full deposit for up to one year from date of cancellation with no cancellation charges applied. and as with the last Gathering they will be filling up Phase 1 first and over flow will then be in Phase 2.--I have also been informed that they are working to get WiFi installed in both Phase 1 and 2 and will be working when we arrive.

Campground--the Campground has reserved 15 sites for us with the availability for more if we need them, 5 sites along the river and 10 in the middle, the rates include tax and are for the river sites $38.22 a night and for the middle sites its $36.21 and as with the hotel make sure you tell them your with the Gathering to get our rate--and they are up-grading the WiFi for those with computers.

Driver (Larry)

Driver523

Great to hear you guys will be there Larry---hopefully some of these guys that are in the AO will share their steel soldiers with us---Its getting big again---I think we'll have more then last year----Driver

Driver523

If anyone would like to meet some of the people and see some of the Gun Truck replicas in the story Lam Son 719 Living and Transporting in the forum under the gun truck thread the Gathering is the place to do it, We would be honored to meet members of Steel Soldiers and would love to see your vehicles if you were to bring them, you are more then welcome to register with the Gathering and get our discount for lodging, I will post photos of what trucks that are said to be coming---If you do make it make sure you ask for Driver--I'd like to shake your hand, we are also trying to organize those that have bikes and autos to show what they have, seems like when alot of us after returning from service stayed being into wheels and trucking----later all-----------Driver

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We will be there sometime Friday afternoon Driver. Maybe we can have a little GT convoy on Saturday thru PF, just a couple of miles?

AMGeneral

Well,just got back from The Gathering,I'm definetly gonna go back next year,excellent event and people. Also got some good info and pics for my new project, A replica of the Guntruck "The Justifier".

Here are a few pics,

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks