• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My CUCV spin on fuel filter mod

v8jeeptj

Yeah I already got the filer but will not be near it till this weekend. I will shoot you the model this weekend and let me know what you think.

tomc

Did you put one on your M1010? If so I would appreciate any information on the parts from GM so that I can put it on mine. Think that it would be much cheaper and easier to get.

Tom in TN

jongainey

I was looking to this to my Truck. Thanks for all the Pics and sharing of the part numbers. It just sucks that I dont Have a NAPA close by. All these other yahoo parts stores never have anything!

Fleg

Hey guys, trying to do some research before purchasing and I can't find any info on this guy. My local walmart doesn't carry the kit that everyone is apparently purchasing but they do carry this kit. It's a Attwood marine fuel/water separator. Price was around $28. How will this work for a CUCV?

Fuel/Water Separator & Canister

fuzzpuss

Since I got my 1009 in August of last year I have yet to see any problems with the box filter setup and like someone had pointed out to me on here " if it ain't broke why change it yet" and it hasn't. I was going to do the doghead mod and thats when I got told that and to date my baby has not given me one issue in that area. Now with that being said I will be the first to change these things as they fail, but don't touch until then[thumbzup]

Jerchambers

Spin on Filter

Why didn't you just put 1/2" to 3/8" and 1/2" to 1/4" from the mount to the hose and using 3/8" barb splice and a 1/4" barb splice. Rather than building a barb splice to adapt? Like this...

Attachments

Last edited: