• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from a northern california new guy

gymfinityjerod

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for creating such a cool site. I've been stuck at home letting my nerves settle and waiting for my ulcers to heal so this site has been a really cool place to lurk and do some research.

Jones

Welcome to the fold.
If you're trying to settle your nerves and get rid of your ulcers; are you sure you want into military vehicles?
If nothing else, the gang at this site will keep you reassured you that you're not alone.

gymfinityjerod

I guess i'm just a glutton for punishment (probably where bleeding ulcers at 27 comes from), i've built my own boat, built up several types of military small arms, and have been running a gymnastics company for the past few years. If it's not painful and complicated I don't seem to be attracted to it I guess. Now starts the search for my first MV.:-D

gymfinityjerod

check out bateau.com for boat building info, the forum there is very similar to this one with extremely helpful crew there and the owner checks the forum daily. Free plans for canoe and pram as well. I'd love to see some examples of these awesome vehicles, are there any SS members in Norcal or a MV club in norcal?

armytruck63

The Northern California MVCC is a great group. I'm a little out of their geographic range in SoCal, but a lot of the southern guys go to the Northern groups spring and fall events.

MVrookie

Me too, 3 weeks ago I picked up my first Bobbed Deuce and trailer. The hardware resides just north of Reno. I lurked here for a couple of months before making the purchase. The crew here makes you feel welcome.

tymbom

I looked at this thread to see where the new guy in NorCal is... Wow, Tracy is NorCal?? Just teasing... I think most people think they're in NorCal when they come down the grapevine into Bakertucky. Welcome to the site.

gymfinityjerod

Generally I would describe Tracy as central cal but I often get blank stares when I say that. Now with all the bay area transplants living here they're trying to call us "East Bay":roll:

rsbanker

Welcome, I'm kind of a FNG myself and this site has been really helpful - especially in getting the knowledge and confidence to run my newly acquired M35 down from WA state. If you see a fire truck red deuce on the road in NorCal, it could be me...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks