• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin On Fuel Filters -- Update

dabtl

I have been running the jatonka secondary spin on fuel filters in both trucks now for about four months. The primary spin on was put on last August in the second truck and months before on the original truck.

The primary filter has made a huge improvement in the amounts of crud being removed. No more rusty cans. Doing its job well.

The secondary fuel filters have not been a problem of any sort. No leaks means no problems to me. I will change them out next Spring to see what crud they have removed.

Over all I am highly satisfied with the systems and their performance.

dabtl

I updated my install because some of these modification cause problems only after some use.

The spin on oil filters are something I would bet on in Las Vegas now.

The primary fuel filter eliminated the two rusty cans I had and for a year the first has worked fine without a problem.

The secondary fuel filters look to be equally reliable, but they have only had four months service.

I think you will be pleased with the secondary filters, as you have been with the primary. Keep us posted.

Lex_Ordo

I have them all!
So far so good.
The engine runs smooth, and right now, I have my 1st 1000 miles on them. In Novemeber they will changed out for a new set.

dabtl

I have them all!
So far so good.
The engine runs smooth, and right now, I have my 1st 1000 miles on them. In Novemeber they will changed out for a new set.
That is good news. I am not sure how many miles mine have. But, in November they all get replaced and the oil changed.

I think anything we do to preserve the motors is going to lead to longer life. I do not consider filters and oil to be expensive compared to a rebuild.

Keep us posted.

2Deuces wild

I'm waiting for my next oil change to swap out the old canisters for spin ons.

The system seems easy and cleaner to change the filters and the filter technology is better too.

Last edited:

dabtl

I'm waiting for my next oil change to swap out the old canisters for spin ons.

The system seems easy and cleaner to change the filters and the filter technology is better too.
I have found that putting a paper towel around the base of the spin on oil filter will eliminate most of the clean up. They leak a bit when being removed. Not much but some.

I have been using them for two years and really think they are great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks