• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guess who needs a headgasket

scooter01922

Things were going great, really they were. Deuce has seen about 500 miles this week and was running great till i noticed a bit of a loss of power just before arriving at ASTFU's place today. Wasn't worried, figured it was time for new filters. But then when i left to head home i noticed i was smoking a bit more out the stack under load, white smoke. Was thinking, oh great now my turbo is gonna crap out. Kept on trucking till i started to smell an oil burning type smell. Everything under the hood is coated in oil, covers the insides of both fenders and i have lovely little droplets all the way back to the tailgate :-( The burning smell was some of that windblown leakage hitting the manifold. Not entirely sure where its all coming from in order to get such great coverage but the sides of the block are real wet with oil and the heads are much drier. Looks like i don't need to worry much about rust on the underbody as its all covered too. Checked the dipstick and i was 6 quarts low :-x. Topped off and took it real easy to get here to work. Guess what??? i'm several quarts low again. Drips oil all over the place when running and lets out an unhealthy white cloud under acceleration but otherwise sounds perfectly normal abeit a little lacking on power. This should be a real fun project :roll:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
that's a raw deal right there. I don't even want to think about having to do something like that with mine. You keep Murphy at your place...or send him back to Alabama with wreckerman

scooter01922

Soooo, anyone in the northeast gonna help me out here??? I'll pay for your fuel and feed ya lunch. All you gotta do is show up and drive in the parade with a few banners tied onto the truck and a bunch of guys from the sportsmans club in the back.

scooter01922

Fuel drip was easy to fix, just tightened up a loose fitting :) No chance in hell the A1 can be parade ready in 6 days. Well, not 6 days where i have to work 5 of them. FYI for anyone wondering that parade is next SUNDAY morning.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks