• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mandatory Deuce tools

dcwilkie

So what tools do y'all consider "can't do without" when working on the Deuce?

I have a 3K engine hoist, engine stand, a solid Rock Maple work bench, drill press, band saw, parts washer, and a good many hand tools. I feel I need to get a set of 3/4-inch drive ratchet/ sockets, an impact wrench, and (eventually) an air compressor.
Until I get up the scratch to buy an air compressor, anyone ever use an electric impact wrench? Is it strong enough to conquer the Deuce lug nuts :?:
I have a chance to buy one but dont' feel like wasting my money this week :roll:(been there- done that) if it's not up to snuff.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The people who have the "roboimpacts" that the military uses seem to like the power they have.

A must have tool is the 3" 8 point wheel bearing locknut socket...I believe that it's the OTC-1907 socket. They are widely available from E-pay. Also, a budd lug socket for the rear budd lugs.

To go along with your 3/4 impact socket set, get some extensions. It's going to be a pain in the but to squeeze a 3/4 impact wrench inside the rear duals beside the hub to get it on the nuts.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run my 3/4" impact off of the truck. Works very well (with truck running).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will need at least 4 six ton jack stands, good size bottle jack (I use a 20 ton air/hyd), several wheel chocks to go along with what the other folks have said. An air compressor wrench (check classifieds), glad hand adapter with air hose, dual foot tire chuck and gauge are also necessary. My main necessity is a power bleeder which is easily and cheaply constructed.

Josh

from bitter experiance, an aircompresser wrench, while not actually needed because you do it with a pipe wrenche, and a pair of channel locks., its just easier, im going to buy one and keep it in the truck, even tho i dont expect to use it again, but you never know.

bigelk50

A torch comes in very handy with my projects. An Air compressor wrench. Check classifieds. A 24v light tester, harbor freight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks